Money back on debit card?

I returned a shirt that I bought from Charlotte Russe and they have to put the money back on my debit card since that's how I purchased it. I returned it on Tuesday, and it's now Thursday, but no money. How long does it typically take to get money back in this circumstance? [My bank is Charter One, if that matters...]

Thanks a lot! :]

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Since you successfully paid the product, it might take a while. When you for instance make an online transfer with a debit card that will be unsuccessful, the money usually will not be charged, but since this transfer was done, the money has to be returned, not just left without charge. Especially if the account the money was transfered to is in another bank, it could take a while.

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Money back on debit card?

I returned a shirt that I bought from Charlotte Russe and they have to put the money back on my debit card since that's how I purchased it. I returned it on Tuesday, and it's now Thursday, but no money. How long does it typically take to get money back in this circumstance? [My bank is...

Source(s): money debit card: https://biturl.im/DCMz3
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

One you see a credit. Wait one business day before you use the money The first day it is credited it is called a memo post and is not officially available. Some banks will let you do a memo withdraw but must be done in person. They hit special keys for that.

the other posters could be correct. It could take anywhere from 3 to 15 business days.

• 1 decade ago

sometimes up to 2 weeks. they should always give you the option of getting cash back when purchasing with a debit card. since it's not a credit card, if they don't then ask them.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

up to 15 days

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It depends on your bank. It could possibly take up to 5 to 10 business days.

• 1 decade ago

It depends, my bank takes about five days. I would say any longer and you should contact your bank. They have a responsibility to credit your account in a timely manner.

• 6 years ago

I know this was question was years ago, but did you ever got your money back?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.