Money back on debit card?

I returned a shirt that I bought from Charlotte Russe and they have to put the money back on my debit card since that's how I purchased it. I returned it on Tuesday, and it's now Thursday, but no money. How long does it typically take to get money back in this circumstance? [My bank is Charter One, if that matters...]

Thanks a lot! :]

Favorite Answer

Since you successfully paid the product, it might take a while. When you for instance make an online transfer with a debit card that will be unsuccessful, the money usually will not be charged, but since this transfer was done, the money has to be returned, not just left without charge. Especially if the account the money was transfered to is in another bank, it could take a while.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Money back on debit card?

I returned a shirt that I bought from Charlotte Russe and they have to put the money back on my debit card since that's how I purchased it. I returned it on Tuesday, and it's now Thursday, but no money. How long does it typically take to get money back in this circumstance? [My bank is...

Source(s): money debit card: https://biturl.im/DCMz3

One you see a credit. Wait one business day before you use the money The first day it is credited it is called a memo post and is not officially available. Some banks will let you do a memo withdraw but must be done in person. They hit special keys for that.

the other posters could be correct. It could take anywhere from 3 to 15 business days.

sometimes up to 2 weeks. they should always give you the option of getting cash back when purchasing with a debit card. since it's not a credit card, if they don't then ask them.

up to 15 days

It depends on your bank. It could possibly take up to 5 to 10 business days.

It depends, my bank takes about five days. I would say any longer and you should contact your bank. They have a responsibility to credit your account in a timely manner.

I know this was question was years ago, but did you ever got your money back?