I believe that if Euthanasia is legalized across the entire United States, that many?

elderly people will feel pressured into assisted suicide because they will be made to feel they are a drain on people either with finaces or just mental energy because they will be hearing about so in so who committed suicede and so in so who did too and then before you know it they will feel like people want them to also. Do you agree?

• Misty
    Best Answer

Yes, I agree with you.

I think that many elderly people are already made to feel as if they are a burden to their children and society. This should not be. If euthanasia is legalized then, it will only add to that perception. Not to mention the willful abuse of such a law is worrisome.

But euthanasia is just another by product of the pro-choice thinking. We should have the choice to end our own lives, the lives of our unborn children, the lives of the brain damaged...etc. Once you begin that kind of thinking it's hard to stop it.

Life is precious...it's a gift.

• Lynci

Legalized euthanasia (which very probably will not be legislated in the United States in the near future) would not allow families to dispose of troublesome relatives easily! It would require the written statements of more than one doctor attesting to the patient's incurable and progressive condition; additionally, the patient would have to be competent to understand the situation and to initiate the request for assisted suicide. An elderly person with dementia would not be a subject for euthanasia under the strict laws which would apply to such cases.

Legalized euthanasia (which very commonly could not be legislated interior united states of america in the close long-term) could desire to now not enable families to place off annoying family members comfortably! it may desire to require the written statements of a pair of physician attesting to the sufferer's incurable and cutting-side subject; apart from, the sufferer could have have been given to be waiting to completely draw close the concern and to electrify the request for assisted suicide. An elderly character with dementia could desire to now not be somewhat for euthanasia under the strict law that could desire to word to such circumstances.

I do not consider this a religious issue though I am sure some will make it so. Yes, I think these are important considerations that will have to be addressed. Still, having been around people who were in horrific pain with no end and no real relief or cure in sight....I stand by the right of people to decide to terminate their life under certain circumstances.

The Ol' Hippie Jesus Freak

Grace, Peace and Love in Christ

Peg

• carole

I had not considered that point of view before, but I can surely see the validity in it - particularly in a world where lack and greed is so prevalent.

I have always been of the opinion that we, each and every one of us, should be allowed to die at any time if we wish. I think the certainty of death at the push of your own button would dramatically change the way we look at suicide and would save a lot of needless suffering of the elderly and infirm.

Peace!

As a member of ProLife I believe all life is sacred and that the quality of one's life should be upheld....I think euthanasia is wrong and would never want to see it legalized....and if were legalized I do believe there are those who would feel pressured into committing suicide, and to me that would be a sad day....

Peace be with you.

I'm a strong supporter of Death with Dignity, but your concern is an extremely valid one that concerns me, too. Death with dignity should be available to those who are living in agony, whose quality of life is so diminished that death would be a blessing. I do not want elderly people who are in generally good health to feel an obligation to use that option in order to relieve their families of a purely financial burden.

Nope. I also believe it is wrong for a group of religious people to tell me I do not have the right to end my own life with dignity. If I choose to have someone help me end my life because I am incapable, then I should have the legal right to seek help doing so. Why should I continue to suffer in pain needlessly?

Christians need to mind their own business.

I believe that my life is mine and as such I should have the right to decide when and how to end it.

Yes, I agree.