Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesToyota · 1 decade ago

Is the TRD Sports muffler for the tC worth it?

I'm picking up my tC tonight and I've added a few accessories. I added the shocks and struts, performance clutch and the TRD sports muffler among a few other things. Is the TRD sports muffler worth the $500. I am planning on getting injen or bora exhaust later on to replace it. Just wondering what the benefits of the TRD muffler are and how it compares.

Best Answer

its a piece of junk. your only paying for the TDR name. For the same price you can get a full exhaust kit (i got a evo 2 exhaust package from greddy for my tC). An aftermarket exhaust will give you slightly better performance, better sound, and actually show off your investment. I take it when your talking about the shocks and struts, you're talking about the optional lowering springs? big waste of money. they charge you like 700 bucks for less than an inch drop...when you can get some eibach's for less than 300 bucks. enjoy your new tC!

• duce

Keep it stock if you plan to replace the system eventually, you can get an entire cat back for $500

its practically nothing. Mufflers hardly do anything for power without a full exhaust.

only if you want the sound otherwise it will just look cool