Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 decade ago

If the woman has custody of the child..the fathers name is not on the birth certificate?

the father cannot uphold his financial responsibiltys beacuse of his other kids,bills etc so now he has to move in with the latest baby mamma #5 to keep his head above water... should he be able to keep the child that we made and introduce him to his new family or should i wait until i know he is settled with this new family.I have a stable place to stay and I work FT to pay all my bills ALONE and take care of my 3 kids..ALL BY MYSELF

Favorite Answer

This is an issue that is near and dear to my heart so I am going to use your question as my soap box. Men and women having children indiscriminately so that families are broken up, often children don't know brothers and sisters and their parents spend the child's lives squabbling over a few pennies of child support. What do you do? You have a child with a looser who's one ability is to make children and not commit to any of them. He has to use another baby momma to provide him with a place to live. He is never going to be a father to any of his children because he is always busy making more and running from baby momma to baby momma to support himself. What did you ever see in him and given he had children when you met him what made you think he was going to do better by you? The issue is not about your ability to support your child by yourself and I commend you for realizing and shouldering that responsibility; most women don't because they get that "check" and wait for baby daddy to drop by with a pair of tennis shoes. The issue is that your child deserves the right to know his father and draw his own conclusions about him as a person. Your child deserves the right to know his brothers and sisters while he is growing up and not have someone point them out on the street when he is 30 yrs old or through conversation with his/her date he finds out he is dating his sister/brother. I love that you want to protect your child from his daddy's issues because those issues have the tendency to bring out the crazy in some people and given his inabilty to commit and willingness to use others that crazy could explode and your child is standing in the flash zone. I could never drop my child into a situation that is already voiltal and I would want to wrap my babies in my arms and run, run as far away from him as I could. But you can't do that to the child. Perhaps there is a grandma or other family member who would be willing to provide some neutral ground for all the cildren to meet with their father and get to know him and each other. Thank you again for being responsible enough to be concerned atout this.

a delema, for sure. I would not let him keep the child for very long a period of time,,I would also wait for the boyfriend to grow up, get stable, before he has too much to do with your child. I think it is very nice f you, for wanting yoour child to know the siblings. I would also watch out for the guy, wanting to leach off you, because you have somestability. This guy needs a vasectomy,,, a life,,and resposibility,, and NOT use a child as a bargaining chip!

First of all you need the fathers name on the BC lets say god forbid your kids dad dies . he would be in titled to ss benefits, but without the fathers paternity he has no legal right then your are cheating the son out of money owed.Also child support needs to be ordered and if he don't pay it then it will keep accumulating ,but again this is money owed to your child.You need to do something about this ASAP.If he is not financial able to pay oh well that's his problem let him go to jail then he get his butt in gear

good luck

This is all very confusing.

If you know for a fact that the kid is his, then sue for child support. If his name isn't on any of the birth certificates, you can request a court-ordered paternity test. And no, you don't have to let him keep the child at all if you don't want to.

Number that is wat Im talkin bout for real my mama is the same way for me and my sister! But look I may b 15 but I seen enough of the street life to b 30 and I no that u should wait since this is baby mama #5, but let ur kid see how he gets along wit the other siblings and then go from there, cuz i no u don't want him growin up not knowing his othet brothaz and sisterz do you? I mean its a question to think about.

No, he should not keep the child, unless you trust him and the baby momma. Do whats best for the child, let him get settled in with new family and then introduce your child to them.

You can submit your issue in the following website and a lawyer will contact you within 24hrs. Don't worry about their charges, Its only $1/day. So you are getting what you want in just $1. I think this you can afford. Here is the link

http://usa-legalcare.blogspot.com/2007/05/child-cu...

Good luck

Bummer. You got knocked up by a total loser. Do what's right for the child.

• Queen

You should have researched this guy a little better before you got pregnant by him...sorry !!!