promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Difference between 'ffc' cable and 'fpc' cable?

Does anyone know the difference between an FFC cable and an FPC Cable?.....thanks.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Flat Flexible Cable (FFC's) is made up of thin

rectangular copper conductors laminated between

two layers of polyester insulation.

Flexible Printed Circuits (FPC's) are similar in construction

to the FFC except that copper film is chemically

etched to produce a specific pattern. These are custom made for each manufacturers specs. This means this type cable is nearly irreplacable with of the shelf items without modification (So be careful!).

I believe FPC's are what we are seeing with a variable pitch on each end. This would also make sense because from what I have researched FPC's are more fragile than the standard FFC cable and these seem to be the cables that are breaking in members monitors.

A new type which we hopefully wont see much off is the membrane FFC. These have a carbon/silver paste forming the trace and are very easily damaged.

The mating cycles for this material can be quite low. So if you run into this type be very cautious about handling it.

While FFC/FPC cable can are much more durable than they appear, several precautions must be observed.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • gaw
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Fpc Cable

• 4 years ago

Ffc Cable

• Diane
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/YGW6I

At this point average speed of DSL is less than that of an average Cable connection. DSL claims that latency on DSL is less (quicker response) than on Cable but it's not substantial. Price on the other hand goes in favor of DSL. DSL right now is much cheaper than Cable in most areas. I've have used both DSL and Cable and I am in favor of Cable because of the higher speed but the biggest deciding factor for most people is ... reliability of service. I will give up higher bandwidth to have reliable and consistent service. I changed from DSL to Cable due to that reason. (My local DSL provider expanded too quickly and couldn't keep their network up and reliability suffered as a result.)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

RE:

Difference between 'ffc' cable and 'fpc' cable?

Does anyone know the difference between an FFC cable and an FPC Cable?.....thanks.

Source(s): difference 39 ffc 39 cable 39 fpc 39 cable: https://trimurl.im/e83/difference-between-39-ffc-3...
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago
  • 1 decade ago

The following link has a paper on the differences in PDF format. You need Adobe Acrobat to read the article:

www.avx.com/docs/Catalogs/ffchist.pdf

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

fpc is short for flex printed circuit,and ffc is short for flex flat cable.the production process is totally different.For more detail.please ask our engineers for help.

www.xindasz.cn or www.ffcoem.com

Attachment image
  • 1 decade ago

the deference betwween ffc and fpc it is in the speede

• Della3 years agoReport

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/difference-between-ffc-fpc-della-tan

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.