ABEC bearings of skateboards?

hey all.

just wondering which is the best ABEC rating for skateboards?

i mean, the higher rating means more precise..but i hear that these are not as durable and therefore not good for skateboards..

i see some with ABEC 9 bearings...and wonder is it neccessary?

thanks.

also are renner boards any good?

Best Answer

abec 9 bearing r ok.

Actually - you would think that it was 'higher the bearing - the better' BUT Not SO!

When I went to buy my sons skateboard at Xmas from ROUTE ONE in Cambridge, England - they explained it to me.

The higher rating, eg- ABEC 9's, is to do with how they make the bearing. The higher number is how tight they are packed (or something along those lines...).

The skaters who worked in RouteOne told me that they all use ABEC 5's. So, if the experts use them.... they must be okay.

Bev

Source(s): RouteOne Skater
  • pbandj

the higher the abec rating the better quality so 9 would be great. but i suggest u buy bones reds cus theyre great, last long, roll smoothly , and cheap. (15 bucks)

the swiis ceramic bearings are the best in the world but expensive (about 120 bucks)

also bearings are worth the price, so the more expensive the better quality

abec 9 damn when i used to aggresive rollerblade 5 was fast the higher the number the faster the bearing, and really the most important part is care u can take them out of the wheel and clean em

ABEC 9s are good. Get some Reds or Bones Swiss.

Renner boards? Never heard of them.

Source(s): i skate