藍貓 asked in 教育與參考出國留學 · 1 decade ago

拿到國外學校offer後又決定不去念該怎麼辦?

請各位有留學經驗的大大幫個忙~~

小妹我去年申請好幾個美國大學的研究所

直到今年三月份才收到第一家學校的offer

因為學校排名還不錯

便很認命地回信給對方說要去念

不過五月份第二家學校offer又來了

而且第一年可以先到英國唸書

這條件實在太誘人了

可是我都已經跟系上教授連絡過

而且也和在學學姊通過MSN了

請問我該如何告知第一所學校

我可能不去念了呢

我實在不知道該用什麼理由會比較有禮貌耶

請有過經驗的人分享一下吧~~~~3Q!

Rating
    Favorite Answer

Write a formal letter/E-mail to the adminstration office of the 1st Uni about one of the following reasons:

(1) I wish to inform you that due to some personal matters recently occurred, I found myself financially inadequate to study overseas, and therefore regret that I may not be attending your Master course afterall. I wish to thank you for the opportunity given to me to study in your Uni, and apologize for any inconveniences caused.....

(2) I wish to inform you that although a great opportunity was given to me to study in your University, however, I have decided that entering the workforce and getting some real-world work experience is a more-pressing matter to me than furthering my studies. Therefore I regret that I may not be attending your Master course afterall. I wish to thank you for the opportunity given to me to study in your Uni, and apologize for any inconveniences caused.....

Just something for you as reference.........

Source(s): Not my experience, but, I had to write lots of replies to complaint letters in my previous job, so, I am capable of coming up with English excuses... hahah....

最直接I-20寄回去+誠墾回絕

把名額讓給其他人

他們會覺得台灣人很有禮貌

千萬不能裝不知

呃,我想,你這是中國人的想法..禮貌

在外國人來講,不管你去不去,有沒有回,他們也見怪不怪了..

因此,你就直接寫信告訴他們你不打算去了..

理由他們也不會問你的啦..他們最多寄一封信說他們很遺憾你不能成爲他們的學生..然後祝你擁有更好的未來

就這樣

我之前申請了之後,什麽消息都沒給他們..就這樣

美國人最重視的就是誠實

你就很誠實的跟教授說另一個學校的offer好很多

說不定教授或學校為了留住優秀的妳

會開出更好的條件也不ㄧ定喔^^

Source(s): me