Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

藍貓 asked in 教育與參考出國留學 · 1 decade ago

拿到國外學校offer後又決定不去念該怎麼辦?

請各位有留學經驗的大大幫個忙~~

小妹我去年申請好幾個美國大學的研究所

直到今年三月份才收到第一家學校的offer

因為學校排名還不錯

便很認命地回信給對方說要去念

不過五月份第二家學校offer又來了

而且第一年可以先到英國唸書

這條件實在太誘人了

可是我都已經跟系上教授連絡過

而且也和在學學姊通過MSN了

請問我該如何告知第一所學校

我可能不去念了呢

我實在不知道該用什麼理由會比較有禮貌耶

請有過經驗的人分享一下吧~~~~3Q!

4 Answers

Rating
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Write a formal letter/E-mail to the adminstration office of the 1st Uni about one of the following reasons:

(1) I wish to inform you that due to some personal matters recently occurred, I found myself financially inadequate to study overseas, and therefore regret that I may not be attending your Master course afterall. I wish to thank you for the opportunity given to me to study in your Uni, and apologize for any inconveniences caused.....

(2) I wish to inform you that although a great opportunity was given to me to study in your University, however, I have decided that entering the workforce and getting some real-world work experience is a more-pressing matter to me than furthering my studies. Therefore I regret that I may not be attending your Master course afterall. I wish to thank you for the opportunity given to me to study in your Uni, and apologize for any inconveniences caused.....

Just something for you as reference.........

Source(s): Not my experience, but, I had to write lots of replies to complaint letters in my previous job, so, I am capable of coming up with English excuses... hahah....
  • 1 decade ago

最直接I-20寄回去+誠墾回絕

把名額讓給其他人

他們會覺得台灣人很有禮貌

千萬不能裝不知

• 1 decade ago

呃,我想,你這是中國人的想法..禮貌

在外國人來講,不管你去不去,有沒有回,他們也見怪不怪了..

因此,你就直接寫信告訴他們你不打算去了..

理由他們也不會問你的啦..他們最多寄一封信說他們很遺憾你不能成爲他們的學生..然後祝你擁有更好的未來

就這樣

我之前申請了之後,什麽消息都沒給他們..就這樣

• 1 decade ago

美國人最重視的就是誠實

你就很誠實的跟教授說另一個學校的offer好很多

說不定教授或學校為了留住優秀的妳

會開出更好的條件也不ㄧ定喔^^

Source(s): me
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.