Alex O asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Whens Jon Lester Comming Back?

Who Knows When The Red Sox Pitcher Jon Lester WIll Be Back To Pitch?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hes pitching in AAA Pawtucket again tonight. Idk when he'll be back with the Sox though. Luckily with the huge lead he can take as long as he needs. No sense in rushing him back if they don't have to.

• 1 decade ago

I HATE the Red Sox, but when I heard Lester got cancer I felt really bad for him. I don't like seeing one team dominate another because of injuries, like the Yankees did to the Red Sox last year, or how the Red Sox are doing to the Yanks now. Lester deserves to be healthy and compete, but life isn't fair. I hope he comes back 100% healthy. I wish him all the luck in the world because he is a human being first and foremost, a Red Sox player second.

• 1 decade ago

Lester has been, and will continue to be starting at AAA. They have not set a time table for his return. There going to take it real slow with him and make sure that his body is prepared for the rigors of throwing 100+ pitches every 5 days.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

I think that Lester is a great pitcher and he is proving it more and more with every postseason outing. Right now he is the best pitcher in Boston. His story will continue to follow him just because it is an inspiring one. But that will not be the only thing he is known for.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well he made a rehab start in Pawtucket two days ago and let up no runs threw 5 innings......PLEASE BE BACK SOON LESTER (before tavarez starts sucking again)

• 1 decade ago

at the moment there's not a set date for his return to the majors. for the time being he isn't really needed, they have a great rotation as is (even tavarez is doing fairly well) they'll keep him in the minors untill he's needed. earliest i can see him being brought up would be around the time of the all-star break.

• Ballzy
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I think he is gonna have 1 or 2 more minor league starts. He got delayed because of some cramping in the forearms.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.