What a great idea! Here's some helpful hints:
1. Salad bar with different kinds of greens.
2. Baked potato bar with steamed broccoli being one of the
3. Green pasta. It is usually a spinach fetticini. You cook it
according to package directions. Then stir fry your own add
ins such as zucchini, green peppers, chicken, then add
bottled fetticini alfredo sauce.(can be found by the Ragu spaghetti sauce in the market.)Toss together. Put in a crockpot to keep warm during the party.
4. Here's a favorite that I think teenagers would like. It's called Watergate Salad. (the recipe came out when Nixon was president)
1 pkg.(4 ounce) pistachio pudding
1 cup miniature marshmellows
1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (if you like nuts)
1 tub (8 ounce) Cool Whip
Mix all together except the Cool Whip. Stir in the Cool Whip.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
5. You can use lime jello to make lots of green salads. Here's an easy, yummy one.
1 small pkg. lime jello
1 small can ( 8 ounce)pinepple, drained or fruit cocktail
1 tub (16 ounce)cottage cheese
1 tub (8 ounce) Cool Whip.
Mix the jello powder, drained fruit and the cottage cheese. Gently stir in the cool whip. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
6. For games, you could have a green scavenger hunt. Teams of two go to neighbors and ask for green items. See who can get the most in a half hour. Be sure to have parents permission for this one, and never go inside anyone's house.
7. Game - let everyone list as many green items as possible.
8. Game- have everyone list as many words or phrases with the word green in it. Examples, green tea, greens fee, green light. There are many of them. A variation of this game is for you to make a list ahead of time. Then write down questions for each item. Such as What is a healthy tea? Then have two teams, ask a question to the first team. If they get it right,
they get a point. If not, the question goes to team 2.
9. Game -Put about 25 green items on a tray - green crayon, green bean, green tea, green grass (for examples) Let everyone look at the tray for about 2 minutes. Then cover it and have everyone try to remember what was on the tray.
10. How many shades of green are there? Get in groups of two or three and see which group can come up with the most.
Sage green, kelly green, lime green, etc.
11. Prizes should be Greenbacks. That is Money!! give a dollar bill for the game prize. Or 3 dollars for first place, 2 for second and 1 for third.
12.Game - get green play doh and see who can make the cutest thing with it. Could have categories. Funniest scupture, most unique, most likely to be famous sculpture, etc.
13. Green Gunk - If you can find this in the stores, the boys will love it! The girls witll say Yuck!
14. Have everyone dress in green clothes.
15. This is an unselfish idea. But think about it. Ask for a green tree for your birthday. Then have everyone go help you plant it in your town. ( you could check with your school, mayor or city council or local garden club) This tree will grow and you will never forget your 15th Green Birthday. Someday you can take your grandkids there. What a happy memory1
It will last longer than an ipod or new outfit, and do a lot of good for the community. You could end your party with the tree-planting.
I've never answered a question like this online, but I love green, too! My wedding was mint green. My cake was supposed to be frosted pure white and then marbled with green mint. But the bakery got it wrong and it was frosted in mint green. So I had a green wedding cake!