*-kC-* asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 1 decade ago

Amoxicillin: Can i get immune to it?

I heard some where if you take an anti biotic when you dont need it you can become immune or it will not work for you next time when you really need it. True??

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

yes..the more you use antibiotics the less effective they become. My kids had chronic ear infections and the dr. would rotate 3 different kinds since she said that immunity can be built up to them. You can also develop an allergy to it if you use the same one to much. If you use Amoxicillin alot you should rotate to someting else for a while.

Source(s): background in nursing and natural healing...experince with 3 kids and lots of ear infections.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Actually it's the bacteria that become resistant to the meds, not your body, because those are what you're fighting, not your own cells. Taking a more "pro-biotic" approach would be beneficial to build your own immunity and dealing with the "bugs" in a more holistic approach with pro-biotics, homeopathy and herbs will help your body heal itself with no danger of side effects or the "bugs" getting immune. God gave us these wonderful resources for a reason, let's use them. The internet is a wealth of knowledge for you, and seek knowledgable professionals in your area to help you learn more.

Source(s): 4 kids, the last 2 born at home, and an endless desire to learn more about the ways of God's healing Kingdom!
  • 1 decade ago

This is very true with any kind of antibiotic.If you take antibiotics too often your body does become immune to them,and when the antibiotics are really needed they will not work because of the immunity that you built towards them.

• 1 decade ago

Yes. I had an ulcer and they prescribed that, I was on it for over two months, finally ended up with different secondary infections, gave it up and went to go see a Chinese doctor - was fit and ready within two weeks.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.