Why do my husbands clothes shrink no matter what?!?

Ok, so obviously I'm doing something wrong here but I've tried several ways to keep my husband's shirts from shrinking. I follow what the tags say but when nothing works I just wash on cold/cold+delicates, and dry on low/delicates. Hanging them causes them neck and shoulder area to get stretched and... show more Ok, so obviously I'm doing something wrong here but I've tried several ways to keep my husband's shirts from shrinking. I follow what the tags say but when nothing works I just wash on cold/cold+delicates, and dry on low/delicates. Hanging them causes them neck and shoulder area to get stretched and laying them flat would take too much space and too long to dry. Drying in the dryer with no heat also takes forever (hey, he has a lot of clothes!)
So what's the deal? They aren't cheap brands either, it doesnt matter what the brand-whatever we do they all shink! (he's a 2xl-3xl, and they end up like M/L..it looks stupid!) This never happens with any of my clothes..any suggestions? What do other guys do?
6 answers 6