Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingTrying to Conceive · 1 decade ago

bladder infection sign of pregnancy?

A friend told me that a bladder infection could be an early sign of pregnancy. Is this true?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

no

• Login to reply the answers
  • mroof!
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

While it is possible to GET bladder infections or UTI's (Urinary Tract Infections) during pregnancy, it's not a sign* of pregnancy.

Women develop bladder problems for many reasons.

They can treat the problem if she happens to be pregnant and has a UTI with Amoxicillin. It definitely is something you want to take care of immediately, since progression of a UTI can be a very uncomfortable and painful thing.

I had a UTI early in my pregnancy (unrelated) and was given these tips by my Physician:

- Drink lots of water

- Eat cranberries, or drink cranberry juice

- Get cranberry pills that are 100% natural

Having a consistent amount of water/cranberries in your system will help to flush out unwanted's and keep the urinary tract clean and healthy!

Hope this helps!

• A bladder infection is the result of bacteria in the bladder.... not of pregnancy.... sorry.

• 1 decade ago

I have had many bladder infections and I have never been pregnant.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

as the person above me said, I have no idea, may just be a coincidence but I got one around the time i got pregnant too.. didnt know I was pregnant at the time. It was only very minor though and went away by itself in 2 days or so..

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It might be a coincidence but I had one when I first got pregnant. You can take meds for it while pregnant too, I have had one since then as well and was given antibiotics to get rid of it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No; a bladder infection is not a sign of pregnancy; it's a sign of being sick. Best to get it well BEFORE you conceive, because once you're pregnant, you can't take antibiotics.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No this is not true. Although your more likely to get them why you are pregnant don't ask me why..if you think your pregnant go see your doctor and they can perform a blood test.

• 4 years ago

bladder infectio is not a sign of pregnancy...

• 1 decade ago

No... and as for the first answer yes... you are able to take antibiotics when you are pregnant. I have had them prescribed by my gyn.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.