Boycotting Home Depot? Who else supports illegal immigration?

I was told today that Home Depot supports illegal immigration by encouraging illegals to congregate in their lots for the purposes of obtaining employment as day labor with contractors? The way I hear it is that they even have porta-potties in the lot and let food trucks take up parking spaces to service these illegals?

Does anyone know of any "accurate" lists on the internet of companies that in whatever manner support or encourage hiring illegals? Obviously you can't tell just by looking at a product who they've hired, or by looking at a person whether or not they are legally in the country, but I'd be very interested in changing my consumer spending habits to support companies that employ legally and ethically if given reliable information.

Thanks y'all ... have a good one.

Best Answer

Middle American News

P.O. Box 20608

Raleigh, NC 27619

manews@manews.org

Home Subscribe News

Send this page Search this site Archives

The Big Money Behind La Raza

he National Council of La Raza, the nation's largest and most influential Hispanic chauvinist organization, receives financial backing from some of America's largest banks and corporations. With multi-million dollar funding from corporate America, La Raza operates a powerful political and communications network of hundreds of affiliates in 41 states that works to shape American government and society to suit its own ideological and cultural interests. As a powerful advocate for amnesty for illegal aliens and staunch opponent of border security, La Raza lobbies regularly on behalf of the political positions taken by the Mexican government against U.S. border fencing and interior immigration law enforcement. Its activities on behalf of millions of Hispanic immigrants in the U.S., most of them from Mexico, help countries like Mexico achieve demographic and political leverage in domestic American affairs. La Raza's efforts are made possible by millions of dollars supplied by some of the most well-known names in corporate America. Here is a partial list of La Raza's corporate financiers.

Institutional Corporate Partners

La Raza describes these donors as "corporations that have invested in NCLR's long-term strategic efforts with multiyear, multimillion-dollar commitments":

The Allstate Corporation

Bank of America

The Coca Cola Company

Citigroup

Fannie Mae

Freddie Mac

Ford Motor Company

General Motors Corporation

MBNA Corporation

PepsiCo Foundation

The PMI Group, Inc.

State Farm Insurance Companies

UPS

Univision

Wal Mart Stores, Inc.

Corporate Programmatic Supporters

La Raza describes these funding sources as "partners for a variety of programmatic support in areas such as Education, Community Development, Health, Youth Leadership Development, Civil Rights and Advocacy, Workforce Development, and Affiliate Member Services."

Chevron Corporation

Lockheed Martin

Lucent Technologies Foundation

Marathon Oil Corporation

Rockwell Automation

State Farm Insurance Companies

Toyota Motor Corporation

Verizon Communications, Inc.

The Allstate Corporation

Chase Home Finance

Countrywide Home Loans, Inc.

E TRADE Financial

Fannie Mae

Freddie Mac

JP Morgan Chase & Co.

Mortgage Guaranty Insurance Corporation

Wells Fargo & Company

Washington Mutual, Inc.

Belrex Inc.

Eli Lilly and Company

Metropolitan Life

Novo Nordisk

Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide

Pfizer Global Pharmaceuticals

PepsiCo Foundation

American Express Company

The Home Depot, Inc.

Exxon Mobil Corporation

GEICO

Marriott International, Inc.

Sodexho, Inc.

Sprint Nextel Corporation

American Honda Finance Corporation

The UPS Foundation

Microsoft Corporation

WalMart has been fined more than once for hiring illegals.

IBF meat packing (who supplies most of the packaged meat to the US) has been raided many times for hiring illegals.

I'm sure if you look at any major corporation and their business model you will see that increased profit is their goal above anything else. Therefore, hiring cheap illegal labor is an easy way for a mid-level manager to meet their profit goals for the year in his/her division and thus retain their job.

Since the govt. cracked down on the border last year, the illegal labor at Home Depot has all but disappeared. But they used to stand out front at Lowes as well.

• OMG you people are ridiculous. I work for home depot in NY. That is soooo not true. The reason there are a lot of illegals hanging around home depot is because they are looking for construction jobs. HELLO?

The food trucks outside are for employees. Though we call it the roach coach cuz we don't eat from it but customer do.

ANd although our store doesn't have porta potties. I haven't seen any store yet with toilets outside and i've been to several prob around 25-30 in my 6 yrs working for them.

• ?

The Home Depot's here in California now have people to chase them away. Although they return... it is not too easy for employers to hire them anymore. They are afraid of getting in trouble and/or fined.

Drive by a Home Depot and see if it is true.

I shop at home depot a lot and never see anyone outside looking for a job.

I work at home Depot and i don't think we have many illegals there..wouldn't really care anyway though, they have to eat don't they. Why boycott it ,it's no worse then Walmart even if it is true .

• Wow. I can't believe they would do that. I agree with you; and I too believe I will change my spending habits in order to give my service to those ethically hiring and supporting legal immigrants and legal citizens.

• NONAME

You would never buy if you knew how many corporation use illegal labor. Mostly all of them use illegal labor and support it.

And B of A close accounts,stick it to monkey face Bush.

Someones got to do the work that the americans don't want to do.