What should US do if Turkey attacks Iraqi Kurds?

Turkey seems to be leaning more and more toward attacking the Kurds inside Iraq to prevent them from being a base for separatist Kurds inside Turkey itself.

A couple of complicating factors:

1. Turkey is a democracy, in NATO, and trying to get into the EU, which can only be good for reducing tensions with the Muslim world.

2. The Kurds like us more than any other ethnic group in Iraq. After the first Gulf War, when Papa Bush told the Iraqis to rise up against Saddam, he let Saddam crush the Shi'ites in the South, but essentially set up a US-run Kurdish autonomous region in the North, which bought us a lot of good will in the current war. So if we turn a blind eye to Turkish attacks on them, we will have lost our most dependable ally there.

This is probably one of the reasons why Papa Bush did not occupy the whole country. He was enough of a chess player to see a couple of moves ahead and know it would expose other pieces that weren't vulnerable right then.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I'm a Kurd from Northern Iraq and if Turkey attacked Kurdistan the U.S. should ***** slap them like they did to Saddam when he tried to take over Kuwait during the Gulf War. Kurdistan has been a suppressed region for decades and Turkey is a HUGE reason for that. I remember when I lived there, they would every so often throw bombs at our town and villages just to keep us in check. I lived less than 50 miles from the border of Turkey and I saw that all the time. Our people have been killed, raped, and tortured by the past Turkish regimes and if they were to do something to the Kurds again then the U.S. should most definitely teach Turkey a lesson. In fact, the U.S. OWES KURDISTAN because when they were gassed by Saddam back in 1988, the chemical weapons that were used against the Kurds were given to Saddam by the U.S.

If Turkey did attack Kurdistan, and I pray to God they dont, then I hope Turkey NEVER EVER lives in peace and they should experience what Kurdistan has been going through for centuries now.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Erika
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

If we had discovered no longer something in the previous 4 and a a million/2 years of being in Iraq i might accept as true with you from the initiating. If this replaced into early 2003 and Turkey replaced into hoping to invade Iraq with us and Bush asked for them to hold off, that could have been hypocritical. Now, with larger expertise it might desire to be a discovered place, a documents that extra gamers in this mess will make it exponentially worse and not possible to fulfill all and sundry's objectives, inclusive of the Turk's. even although, i'm no longer confident that such is the reasoning in the back of the request. i think of it truly is purely that their involvement will make our place that far extra painful. for this reason, i might desire to agree that the stance is hypocritical.

Lv 5
    1 decade ago

hey what ever about finance oil and politics

turkey is miles behind the west in real terms when it comes down to sociology

so i'm kinda glad turkey are not in the E.U. yet cos your main religious belief is a little detrimental towards women and the west grew up many years ago and accepted the fact that we do actually have brains brawn and intuition and can look after things for ourselves

i have spent time in turkey and do you know what

i pretended i was german cos you turkish guys know they take no crap so every time i walked to the shops or post office i ignored your sexist chants and pretended i was from germany so i actually got there without being groped how disgusting are your men?

in the world today, the euro world - turks dont work cos they are scary sexist men, majority Muslim, the women are hidden away at home or out working in the fields while you lazy men are in sucking apple tea pipes

as a western free person i will die the day that type of culture is accepted into europe we are a humane society and there is no welcome for your type of treatment and thinking of females

turkey needs to get its act together before any euro country accepts its womanising culture

to me a lot of you turks are embarrassing stuck in the old days no idea what to say or do other than to be sleazy sexist muslim orientated pretend to be' s cos you guys are not meant to gamble or drink or have sex as much as you do with whoever is stupid enough to fall for your out of date charms and you know what you are known as the saddest dumbos in europe every body who has a brain runs a mile from a turk all you want is a visa!!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I would like to see the US negotiate with Turkey about creating some kind of independent Kurdish state in northern Iraq.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

arm the kurds to the teeth and let them do their own fighting.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A lot of American soldiers will die.... The kurds will kill them..

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

We should WHEY our options.

Get it? Kurds and whey?

Source(s): this is really funny, people. Really funny. Dennis Miller funny, that's how funny this is.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.