what r the signs of a kidney or bladder infection?

• Stella
    Favorite Answer

Bladder Infection:

strong, constant urge to urinate

sharp pain or burning in the urethra during urination

inability to fully empty bladder

possible blood in urine

soreness in lower abdomen, back, or sides

Kidney Infection:

above symptoms

back pain

chills

fever

nausea

vomiting

If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, see your doctor.

1

Source(s): Kidney Disease Healing Secrets : http://KidneyHeal.trustdd.com/?QvYR

2

Source(s): Kidney Health Solutions http://teres.info/KidneyHealth

Signs and symptoms

Kidney infection may cause one or more of these signs and symptoms:

Frequent urination

Strong, persistent urge to urinate

Burning sensation or pain when urinating

Abdominal pain or pressure

Cloudy urine with a strong odor

Pus or blood in your urine (hematuria)

Inability to urinate (urine retention)

Need to urinate during the night (nocturia)

Back, side (flank) or groin pain

Fever

Severe kidney infection also may involve:

High fever — body temperature of 101 F (38.3 C) or greater

Shaking chills

Night sweats

Extreme fatigue

Nausea or vomiting

Confusion

In infants and young children, signs and symptoms of kidney infection may include:

Irritability

Loss of appetite

Loose bowel movements

New episodes of bed-wetting (enuresis)

In older adults, mental changes, such as confusion, sometimes are the only signs of kidney infection.

What is a bladder infection?

The symptoms of Overactive Bladder are often misunderstood to be the same as a bladder infection. The truth is that while there are some similarities in the symptoms of these two conditions, they are quite different.

A bladder infection, also called a urinary tract infection or UTI, can infect any part of the urinary tract, and occurs when bacteria gets into the bladder and multiplies in the urine.

Overactive Bladder is the loss of bladder control and the ability to control urination. It's a common medical condition that affects more than 34 million Americans, including 1 in 5 adults over the age of 40, and nearly twice as many women as men. The symptoms of Overactive Bladder include urinary urgency, urinary frequency, and urinary incontinence (leakage).

What are bladder infection symptoms?

A bladder infection causes inflammation of the bladder and urethra. Bladder infection symptoms usually include one or more of the following:

The need to urinate more than usual, often passing small amounts of urine

A sudden need to urinate

Pain, burning, or other discomfort during urination

The need to urinate at night

Pain in the lower abdomen

Urine that is cloudy, has an unpleasant odor, or has an unusually strong smell

Some of the symptoms of a bladder infection are similar to the symptoms of Overactive Bladder, such as strong, sudden urges, frequent bathroom trips, and incontinence. ENABLEX is not indicated for treating bladder infections or the symptoms of bladder

When I had one in the past it burned really really bad when I urinated, I kept feeling like I had to pee but nothing would come out, and I waited a few extra days to go to the doctor, hoping that the cranberry pills would work and the pain traveled to one of my kidneys. It felt like a really painful cramp in my lower back. If you can afford to see a doctor, don't wait too long. Planned Parenthood is a good place if you don't have insurance. They will prescribe a bottle of pills and you will feel better within hours of taking them.

• gitlin

I could not simply take a seat round and do not anything like my medical professionals recommended. They did not wish me to do whatever or to take herbs or natural cures, however I had to check out anything - they simply desired me to do dialysis! This application allowed me to take manage of my wellbeing. I went from Stage four to Stage three kidney ailment. It was once convenient to do and my BUN, creatinine and anemia are all in bigger levels. Reversing Your Kidney Disease?

Pains in the kidney area and sore when peeing

Dark yellow urine.

Cloudy or bubbly urine.

Infrequent (or too frequent) desire to urinate.

Sudden urge to urinate, with little ability to 'hold' it.

Pain in the lower back.

Blood in the urine.

Pain when urinating.

Passing out and shock.

Death.

These symptoms are presented in order of usual occurrence.

Burning urine ,fever with rigours,sometimes dark urine,nausea and occasionally swelling of eye lids on getting out of bed

Back pain, possible fever, urinary frequency, urinary urgency, pelvic pain and blood in the urine.

Source(s): nurse