»Tiffany- asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 1 decade ago

Bare Minerals?

If you've had Bare Minerals, can you tell me your personal experience with it? Rate it on a scale of 1-10.

If you liked it, could you also reccomend the best products out of the collection.

I need new make-up and am considering Bare Minerals but I need to know if the concealer gives good coverage and if all the other products are long lasting, lightweight, and won't clog pores before I spend the cash on it.

I appreciate it!

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t134/flylilnena...

Oh, I forgot...

What shade should I buy it in? I haven't really bought foundation, concealer, etc. before and I need to know what the new of the shade is that you think would best guy with my complexion.

Typo. I meant...

"best go"

not "best guy"

Favorite Answer

My experience, quickly: I'm 41 and I've been wearing makeup for almost 27 years. Usually I use Estee Lauder, Clinique, Urban Decay, and Lancome. I've never found a foundation or powder that I've liked. I always felt that it looked like I'd dipped my face into something, even the Estee Lauder ones I finally settled on. A few months ago, I was up late and caught an infomercial for Bare Minerals. What the heck, I figured, I'll give them a try. Well, I couldn't believe how great the stuff is. No lines like liquid or cream foundations leave. Super easy to apply. Super fast to apply. And you're left with a very natural look that is smooth and young (younger) looking. I've since sold my other foundations on eBay and I'm about to go through my other make up because I've quickly come to love the entire line of Bare Minerals.

As for the concealer types, yes! I don't get much sleep (I work nights and have a 10 month old) so I usually have circles under my eyes, and you can't tell when I apply the concealer. Also, a couple of days ago my 10 month old raked my forehead with his nails (I hadn't gotten around to trimming them) and I ended up with a scab-scrape the size of a pencil eraser. With the Bare Minerals concealer, you couldn't even see it!

Long lasting? Yes, even the eye liner, and usually my eyeliners (Estee Lauder and Lancome) wear off after three or four hours. The Bare Minerals eye liners last all day, and I was surprised by this since they are in powder form. Incidentally, I've discovered that the powder eye liners are easier to apply than the eye pencil liners!

Clogging pores? Well, I have never had problem skin. I've never worn foundation on a regular basis before, either, and I have no problems with Bare Minerals. No clogs, no pimples, nothing. And to counter what another poster noted, my fine lines (a few around the eyes) are not emphasized at all. For those who have deep fine lines and crow's feet, there is a Bare Minerals primer that fills in facial lines in order to create a smoother "canvas" for the products.

Lightweight -- can't even tell it's on.

I have the following products:

- foundation in Light and Fairly Light

- Bisque (concealer) in regular and Summer Bisque

- Mineral Veil (finishing powder) in regular and tinted

- All Over Face Color in Rose Radiance, Pure Radiance, Bare Radiance, Clear Radiance, Tropical Radiance, Warmth (all-over can be used as a bronzer, blush, or eye shadow)

- Blush in True, Hint, Glee, True Beauty, Naughty Naughty, Beauty, and Secret (various shades of peach and pink)

- Eye Liner in Soft Black, Bark, Green Tea, and Sugar Plum

- Eye Shadows in Nude Beach, Faux Fox, Kudos, and Celadon

- Eye Shadow/Concealer in Well Rested

- Quick Sticks in Peony, Fig, Bronze (lip sticks)

- Lip Gloss in Ice Pop and Garden

- Lip Guard in Tropical Beach and Bare Beach (SPF lip color/gloss)

- Brow Gel

If you are just getting started, head over to http://www.bareescentuals.com and select the "TV Offer." It's your best bet for product and price. You get two jars of foundation in your shade, plus a Mineral Veil, a Well Rested, Warmth, and some brushes plus a gift or two. You also have the option of joining a club, which sends you out more foundation every two months (or as frequently as you select). At the sight they show different skin tones so you can choose which color(s) work best for you (hard to tell from your photo). If you'd rather not buy a package, you can buy products individually from the site. I'd recommend your foundation, an all-over color like Bare Radiance, and a concealer (Bisque) in your skin tone (honey or summer). After that, it's whatever you want. Good luck!

Source(s): Bare Minerals newcomer and fan

I am 68 and have used Bare Minerals loose powder makeup for a few years. I love it. I rate it a ten. It goes on smoothly and you can make it as light or heavy as you want. A little more than lightly covered looks best on me. They also carry great eye shadows, blush, concealers, brushes, etc. Regarding shades, you should go into one of their shopus or a place like Sepho ra and experiment with all their products to know exactly what looks best on you. Just because a shade looks good in someone else doesn't mean it will work for you. Good luck!

If you already have perfect skin, it is a waste of money. I have two daughters and they both bought the start up kit at an Ulta store for 60.00 each. My 16 yr old totally wasted her money. She has perfect ivory skin. My oldest daugher (22) sometimes has problem skin and she swears by the stuff. When she uses it, she looks totally perfect. I am 41 and I have large pores. I didn't trust it at all. She made me let her do my makeup. Oh My God. I looked young and dewy!!! Not at all thick or made up. That stuff is great if you have any facial flaws. We didn't buy the eyeshadows. the lady at Ulta worked with them and helped them pick their colors. My younger daughter is really fair and the other one is not. I would say find an Ulta in your area, they teach you how to use it and give a demonstration.

Go for the best!! There is a company called Christi Mar. Their makeup is amazing!! It is an all natural mineral makeup line. You get fantastic coverage without looking like you're even wearing foundation. It goes on smoothly and evenly, and you don't have to deal with a messy loose powder, because it comes in a compact. I love, love, love it! You can find it at www.Christimarcosmetics.com

• Audrey

I use bare minerals and it works great! I wouldn't reccommend it for someone who wants to find something that would cover extreme acne or dark spots. It is great at enhanceing your natural beauty. Worth the money.

Mineral makeup, in my opinion, is the best form of foundation. It feels very light and it doesn't cake on like liquid foundation. The best way to find your color is to try to sample a little on your skin, blended in, you want it to match your complexion as best as possible. You don't want it too dark or too light.

well, personally i use bare minerals cover up and foundation. and i think they work great! but of course i'm 12 and i barely have any zits or anything. but i highly recommend it to u cuz it works really well! i rate it an 8- cuz sometimes it doesn't cover ALL my blemishes. it is super light weight! and obviously u can tell that i like it. i think u should use it!

iv tryed that stuff and it works ok if u have close to perfect skin((it lookes like u have very nice skin)) so it should look on u! its actuly not as bad for ur skin as long as u dont use to much! and it dosent even feel like u have makeup on! it covers pretty good...not as much as other products but its still pretty good

I have tried and I am in love with its products. You can check the source on their products I have tried and my detailed reviews.

i have break outs and i used to use it and it just made them worse. it clogs pores. i know two make-up speacialists and they both said that. and it is a waste of money.

good luck