Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (Soccer)Other - Soccer · 1 decade ago

Which sports league is bigger the MLS or UFC?

People at work never mention the MLS but people always talk about the UFC. Nobody knows who Landon Donovan is but Chuck Liddell is pretty much known everywhere in the USA. Also UFC has PPVs outside of the USA. Next UFC ppv will be in Belfast. Where local Northern Irelanders will get to see the up and coming Japanese Superstar Yushin Okami fight UFC vet Rich Franklin. MLS has yet to play in a match overseas. Millions of people around the world watched Quinton Rampage Jackson KO Chuck Liddell yesterday. In 20 years it will be bigger than the Spanish La Liga.

Market wise UFC is growing much faster than soccer.

im talking only in the USA

UFC soldout in the in Manchester England suprisingly. But so did the NFL game in London.

• Rafa!
    Favorite Answer

Well soccer and UFC fighting are probably the 2 fastest growing sports in the UNited States but I think u got too excited at the end saying that UFC fighting " will be bigger than the Spanish La Liga"

• Blue

Well I never heard of Chuck Liddell before and I've never heard of anyone really mention the UFC. You are also quite wrong about the MLS having yet to play in a match overseas. One example is back in October of 2002, DC United traveled to England and played the Tottenham Hotspur's in a tribute match at White Hart Lane and won 1-0. DC United was the first MLS club to travel to England.

You really can't compare the MLS to the UFC. For one they are totaly different sports with the MLS, which is domestic football (soccer) league in the US and now Canada, with football (soccer) being a team sport, while the UFC is a mixed martial arts organization, which has fighters from all over the world competing in events. You simply can't compare them. You can't compare a domestic leage to a world wide organization. The UFC is an association and the MLS is a domestic "soccer" league. Leagues belong to associations so with that and only that in mind I guess you could say UFC is bigger than the MLS.

On another note it's just ridiculous to say that UFC will be bigger than the Spanish La Liga in 20 years. LMAO!! You expect the regular users of this board to agree with you? Are you stupid? lol Please, I highly doubt that the UFC will become more popular than football (soccer),... ever! The day that happens, (snickering,... lol), I'll eat a "soccer" ball!!

• Audrey

OMG the english premier league is above mls for like a hundred light years on distance lolz i like mls enjoy the matches and all but EPL is way better sorry :P

UFC is much more entertaing than soccer so probably UFC. Anyone who watch 22 guys kicking a ball around over a good fight like Chuck Liddell and Tito Ortiz is crazy. UFC rules soccer well its not that bad but not as good as UFC. UFC kicks ***.

• JimBob

I'd bet you could find more people that have no clue what UFC is but I would also say they have more fans, assuming your talking about in the United States.

BIGGER THAN LA LIGA?!?!?! HHAHAHAHAHAHA yeah right, id rather watch see Bush and Rosie SLug it out than UFC.

What the hell is a ufc?

MMA and UFC rules... MLS drulz... LOL

What is UFC?

mls