Can you get COBRA insurance if you quit your job?

My husband is getting ready to switch jobs, and we are trying to figure out insurance for my three kids until the benefits from the new insurance kick in (90 days). We can't ask his HR department because he is still in the interview process and hasn't recieved the job offer yet so we don't want them... show more My husband is getting ready to switch jobs, and we are trying to figure out insurance for my three kids until the benefits from the new insurance kick in (90 days).

We can't ask his HR department because he is still in the interview process and hasn't recieved the job offer yet so we don't want them to know he is looking.

I'm looking into just having them insured with a temporary policy from a private insurer like Anthem, but we want to look into all of our options before we choose one. If you have any suggestions please feel free to share them!
Thank You!