Beginner Motorcycles, cruiser style, wisdom needed :)?

Whats a good beginner cruiser motocycle? Keeping in mind I don't want to spend more than $3000 for a new one, I'm only 5'1 and weigh 125 pounds and I've never been on a motorcycle. I want a motorcycle that is going to be safe to get me from home to school and work (My work is about 40 miles away).... show more Whats a good beginner cruiser motocycle? Keeping in mind I don't want to spend more than $3000 for a new one, I'm only 5'1 and weigh 125 pounds and I've never been on a motorcycle. I want a motorcycle that is going to be safe to get me from home to school and work (My work is about 40 miles away). MUST be highway safe and get good MPG. Any words of wisdom? I was looking at the ninja or a sportsbike but they won't be comfortable on a long ride. Let me know!!
Update: I should resate: I find sportbikes uncomfortable, it could be my short legs/arms but I just would like a cruiser better. I am not looking at sports bikes, and I have looked at used but I am looking for anyone who has wisdom of a perticular bike that is a good bike, NOT in the higher range of money and is good for... show more I should resate: I find sportbikes uncomfortable, it could be my short legs/arms but I just would like a cruiser better. I am not looking at sports bikes, and I have looked at used but I am looking for anyone who has wisdom of a perticular bike that is a good bike, NOT in the higher range of money and is good for a beg. I was looking at the kawasaki eliminator 125 but I dont think it has enough power to take on 95 everyday. If you know of any specific bike you have or a friend has and likes and would suggest let me know.