Comparing AdWords and Yahoo research Marketing to free advertisment.?

Does advertising with free advertisement compare well with Yahoo Search Marketing and Google AdWords? And does it offer the same results?

Favorite Answer

The difference between free advertising and using adwords or yahoo search marketing is more in control by experience and knowledge than anything else.

If you are a beginner, it is extremely difficult to catch on to adwords and yahoo; you will end up paying far too much for each click and as a result, your advertising budget will take a large chunk out of any returns you may see.

There is skill in learning what words to bid on, how much to bid on them, and analysing your return on investment, ect.

Free advertising, like paying for adwords, also requires the right targetting to see good results. If you don't know how to properly set up free advertising campaigns you will see no results, whereas with adwords you will probably see results - just not very good ones.

I tried both methods and to tell the truth saw limited returns on my time and effort, but lately I have been doing a lot better. There are lots of books out there which attempt to explain these concepts, I have read a few but the best (and most up to date) in my opinion is this one: http://urlfreeze.com/1/L-15cc/ Take a look at it, it exaplins how to make the most of both free and paid advertising.