How do you dispose of an expired Inhaler?

I have an expired (by over a year) inhaler and want to dispose of it but I'm not sure if you can just throw it away or if it requires a special treatment? Anyone know? Thanks!

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If your uunsure how to handle it take it to your local drugstore and ask them to dispose of it properly.

• clo
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Inhaler Disposal

• 1 decade ago

Your best bet would be to take it to your nearest drug store, hospital, or walk in clinic where they can properly dispose of it for you.

You may also want to check with your physician and see what the parameters of the expiry date actually are, as it may have a longer shelf life than whats printed. I only say this as epi-pens (epinephrin) can still be used after the expiry date.

• 4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axRiG

Thats strange, usually they last a few years.. But maybe you have a certain type of asthma inhaler..? If it expired in december, don't use it. Theres a reason for the date. peace

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I usually put my empty ones in with the aluminum can recyclables (not sure if that's okay or not). There may be a Haz-Mat regulation on it, not certain. There may be a Hazardous pick-up day in your area (we have one once per year) or maybe a place to drop off things like empty paint cans, etc. You could always take it to one of those places or your local drug store. Hope this helps.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You can dispose of it with no special treatment.

• 1 decade ago

I just make sure that there isn't any medicine in it, if there is then I just try to spray it all out, and after that I just throw it in the trash.

• 1 decade ago

Donate them to your doctor or pharmacy. they can be re-used.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

put it in the trash

• 1 decade ago

ASK YOUR DOCTOR

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.