Bannoffee cheesecake with chocolate sauce...
For the cheesecake
1 x 225g/8oz can condensed milk
150g/6oz chocolate oat biscuits, crushed
2 tbsp clear honey
4 bananas, peeled and cut into chunks
400g/14oz cream cheese
4 tbsp icing sugar
1 tbsp maple syrup
For the chocolate sauce
175ml/7fl oz double cream
225g/8oz milk chocolate, roughly chopped
1. Place the unopened tin of condensed milk into a lidded saucepan and cover with water.
2. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover with the lid and simmer for 1½ hours, topping up with water if necessary.
3. Remove the condensed milk from the water and leave until cool enough to open the can.
4. Meanwhile, place the crushed chocolate biscuits into a bowl. Add a third of the butter and all the honey to the crushed biscuits and mix everything together well with a wooden spoon.
5. Place four 7.5cm/3in chefs' rings onto a flat plate.
6. Spoon the biscuit crumb mixture into each chefs' ring and flatten with the back of a spoon.
7. Heat a frying pan until hot then add the remaining butter and the bananas and fry for 2-3 minutes, until golden-brown.
8. Remove the bananas from the pan and leave to one side to cool.
9. Place the cream cheese and icing sugar into a bowl and whisk until smooth.
10. Stir in the maple syrup and the caramelised condensed milk.
11. Spoon the sweet cream cheese mixture into the chefs's rings on top of the biscuit base.
12. Place in the fridge and leave to set for 30 minutes.
13. For the chocolate sauce, place the butter and cream into a saucepan and bring to a simmer over a medium heat.
14. Add the chopped chocolate and stir to combine.
15. Turn the heat to low and keep the buttery chocolate on the hob until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth and glossy.
16. To serve, remove the cheesecakes from the fridge, remove the chefs' rings and place each cheesecake onto a serving plate. Top with the fried bananas and a spoonful of chocolate sauce.