What is this lower back/top of butt sharp pain?

Last saturday i was playing football with some other kids and i think i stopped a bit too sudden. i felt a sharp sudden pain in my lower back/ top of butt area and i thought it was nothing. so now it 's been a week and whenever i do anything active: play basketball, run, or even do pushups i get the sharp intense pain. do anyone have any suggestions to help me get rid of it?

Favorite Answer

Sounds like a "hip pointer" very painful. Anti-inflammatory meds will help, but the body just has to heal.

I got it after I stopped my bicycle suddenly with my left foot to act as a brake to the ground, I had the same pain as you did in the lower back/top of the left butt... That was 25 years ago, the pain eventually went away in 2-3 weeks, anytime there is a cold I feel the pain in the butt before the cold is getting to me. 15 years ago, I started to feel tinkering pain and numb pain in the butt, I visited the doctors all these years with X rays in the hip and there was no conclusion, the doctor just told me hey it's not a cancer, don't worry, take a sitz bath very night, it'll go away, until lately, there is blood in the poo poo every day, the doctor found out there were 3 internal Hemorrhoids inside my rectum, I had the Hemorrhoid surgery to fix it, you know what, the pain went away 80%, I still feel that 20% of the tinkering pressure inside the muscle behind the rectum, I suggest that you go to see the sport injury specialist to fix it especially the piriformis muscle and the surrounding nerves, blood vessels..

Hi, yes it is a problem with yoru back, I have this pain and get it when I do ant type of exercise, it is serious, so don't think for a minute it is not. But if you lay on your stomach like when you was a kid laying on the floor watching tv and put your elbows on the floor and your chin in your hands for about 15 minutes in the evening and right before you climb out of bed in the morning it will help, but it will take about 2 weeks, but let me warn you, take it easy because one you rip that muscle it takes a while for it to heal all th way and then it is easy to tear again. I have been through physical therapy and this is what my therapist suggestion for that pain in my lower back upper butt.

• skycat

Could be that sciatica nerve pain or whatever the Chiro calls it. Lower back, top of butt and if you ignore it runs down the back of your leg then to the front of your calf. My husband gets that occasionally, maybe 3 times last year and went to a chiropractor for quick painless relief. You need to get an X ray.

Sounds like you have irritated your s-1 s-2 nerves. If you have pain going down your leg and numbness seek medical attention as you may have ruptured a disc as opposed to irritation. Some people use Chiropractors ,just make sure you get personal references from people to know you have a well educated one

It may be from a lower lumbar strain. You may need to see a Dr. specially if the pain runs down your legs or you get numbness in your legs or feet.

Hemorrhoids are associated with constipation and straining at bowel movements. How to get rid of hemorrhoids https://tr.im/0uUKA

Pregnancy is also associated with hemorrhoids. These conditions lead to increased pressure within the hemorrhoidal veins that causes them to swell. Other conditions, for example chronic liver disease, may also cause increased venous pressure and may be associated with hemorrhoids. Hemorrhoids are very common and are estimated to occur in up to one-half of the population by age 50.

1

Source(s): Hemorrhoids Relief and Help http://sparkindl.info/HemorrhoidsNaturalCure/?e79m

u pulled a muscle. Better start streatching with the hollywood stretch, stretch after excersise, works for me. Buy chinese medicine called Dit Da Jow or make you own. Dit means fall, Da means hit, and Jow means wine. This means muscles, bruises will heal. I garuntee it will work.

I'm guessing that you are under age here, so I'd say tell your folks what you are experiencing. I expect they will take you to see the Dr.

Don't delay. You might have hurt something important!

Source(s): Good luck!