Gas pains after gallbladder surgery?

I just had Gas laparoscopic cholecystectomy (gallbladder removal) on Wednesday. I have pain equivalent to the worst experienced pain of contraction during labor when I try to lay down. I've spent two nights sitting up on the couch to sleep. When I change from sitting to standing or standing to sitting, I get... show more I just had Gas laparoscopic cholecystectomy (gallbladder removal) on Wednesday. I have pain equivalent to the worst experienced pain of contraction during labor when I try to lay down. I've spent two nights sitting up on the couch to sleep. When I change from sitting to standing or standing to sitting, I get the pain all over again. It is NOT just in my right shoulder, it's all over, left shoulder and chest one time, then it moves to my back or my belly button, it's just all over and it's excruciating! I CAN NOT take a deep breath in ANY position. I'm miserable. Is this feeling normal or did my doctor screw up? My steri-strips stink and I'm having diarrhea. The three top insicions are not painful at all to touch, but if I come close to the incision at my belly button it sends pain like shockwaves through my body! Thanks for sharing your experiences if you've recently gone through it. If your're a doctor or nurse, any advise is appreciated! My surgeons office is useless. THX
Update: I have no fever. Temp has been 95.4 for 2 days. I might research the fluid build-up theory. I'd love to lay down in my bed and sleep. And I'd love to just take a deep breath...yawn...or say a complete sentence without pain! Thanks for the help so far!