Please don't get me in trouble for asking this!!?

Is it stalking if you start talking to this person online, and they finally get fed up with you and block your instant messages and go to a chat room to talk to other people, and I sign on to a screen name that he hasn't blocked and start asking why he has blocked me and go to the chat room he's in and confront him?

I have already stopped talking to him and "stalking" him so don't be scared I will stalk you, but I just wanted to know if you considered that stalking. His last words I saw him type were, "You keep stalking me!" and he was referring to my behavior towards him. Please help!! Thank you :)

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Oh, Dear: this is not stalking BUT YOU WERE KIND OF CLOSE! Stalking is a serious, legal word, a felony punishable by law. Stalking is a repeated harassment or other forms of invasion of a person's privacy in a manner that causes fear to its target. It includes such acts as:

repeated physical following;

unwanted contact (by letter or other means of communication);

observing a person's actions closely for an extended period of time; or

contacting family members, friends, or associates of a target inappropriately

Of course, there is cyberstalking as well but the key word here is PERSISTENT ACTIONS that might induce fear in VICTIM. C'mon: that guy is not a victim. Well, the positive thing about this event is that you have to learn to detect when someone does not want to talk to you. If a person blocks his/her instant messages, please, understand that no explanations have to be demanded... wait for the explanations but do not force people into it. Such rude action is not worth a neuron spent on him / her.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

That is a form of stalking and harrassing someone. In the future if a guy blocks you then take it as a hint that he doesn't want to be bothered with you. That obsessive personality trait isn't good. It will carry on into relationships and you will end up alone. Remember men are pursuers and women are the pursuit! Let them get you. A woman should never have to do what you did. :) Take care. Take your time!

• 1 decade ago

That doesn't seem like stocking to me... Stocking is when you follow this person around everywhere (like to every single chatroom), and try and get this person's e-mail and phone number and all that stuff. Just talking to him isn't stocking. And if he didn't tell you why he blocked you, you have every right to go and ask why. The guy was probably over reacting, or he just really wanted you to stop talking to him. Stocking is a bit too strong of a word.

• shygal
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

That's not stalking, you simply wanna know what foot you're standing on which is completely understandable and normal behavior...if he keeps dodging you it's because he's an immature little creep who's playing games with you. Cut him loose and good luck!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

LOL.. no. Stalking is when you FOLLOW someone EVERYWHERE (which can only be done in real life), know EVERYTHING about them, take stuff from their garbage cans, spy on them every chance you get and so on.. that's not even close

• 1 decade ago

Yeah that was stalking big time.

• 1 decade ago

yes that is stalking plain and simple find someone els to talk to you will be fine

• 1 decade ago

Sounds like you needed closure as to why he stopped talking to you. Unfortunately online it is very easy to block and make someone disappear.

• yep thats stalking and charges can be filed against you.

• 1 decade ago

Yes, you were stalking him.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.