I have 2 hard drives. Drive C and Drive D. I have a hp pc running windows xp. Drive D has only 2% free space?

Drive D is the Hewlett Packard Recovery Drive. It's a FAT32 system with a capacity of 4.07GB of space but it only has 84.1 MB of free space. I have deleted programs and files to free up space but it only frees it up on the C drive but doesn't effect Drive d at all. My pc is slow and just isn't acting... show more Drive D is the Hewlett Packard Recovery Drive. It's a FAT32 system with a capacity of 4.07GB of space but it only has 84.1 MB of free space. I have deleted programs and files to free up space but it only frees it up on the C drive but doesn't effect Drive d at all. My pc is slow and just isn't acting right, plus I can't download SP2 because I get the message that there isn't enough space on the hard drive. I don't know what to do. I've got no good help from Microsoft and No one even bothered to email me back from HP. I tried to just reformat and start over but when I type fdisk/mbr according to the HP website my pc doesn't recognize the command. Can someone please give me some advice.