Me asked in TravelCanadaOther - Canada · 1 decade ago

Canadian Citizenship?

Is it true, that if you have a Canadian Citizenship you can go to any other country in the world? Is it possible to have a US citizenship and Canadian citizenship at the same time?

Thank you!

Favorite Answer

Yes, Canadians are free to travel to any country in the world, including a couple where US travel is not permitted. One example is Cuba.

The US does not recognize dual citizenship but it does not require that you renounce your citizenship in a foreign country. Canada is pretty much the same way, so if you are a US citizen and you earn Canadian citizenship, you can be a citizen (and pay taxes) in both countries.

Good luck!

I heard that too...but I have always wanted a confirmation. I know with a Canadian passport, you can work in the UK without even applying for a work permit. But I will love to know if this is true, even though I think it is.

im not sure, but canadian guys are gorgeous!!!

I don't think so