what is this whitish yellowish foam in my flower bed?

There are clumps of a whit/yellow foam in my flowerbed and I was wondering whether it is something from fertilizer, preen, or from some plant.

Favorite Answer

If you've spread mulch in the bed, it's likely a fungus that is breaking down the mulch. Most of these are non-harmful fungi, working on the dead plant material, turning it into organic material that will enrich your soil.

You're seeing the fungus' flower.. they bloom when it's warm and moist.. springtime. you can take a shovel and scrape off the bloom (put it in a bag and throw it in the trash) or just let it run it's course.. they usually only stay around a few days.

Sounds like a dog vomit slime mold if it's on the ground. It is yellow and looks like the dog threw up. Really. Most people blame the dog, but it's actually a lot like a fungus. (Technically not a fungus, but close enough that most people classify it as one.)

If it's not on the ground, then it's probably spittlebugs. They make small patches of what looks like foamy spit on your plants.

The two URLs I gave you are sites with pictures of what I'm talking about. What you are describing sure sounds like a dog vomit slime mold. Can't really get rid of it. If it really bothers you, don't garden when it's out. It'll go away shortly.

Hope this helps.

If it is moist and on your plants, I can be most certain that it is spittle bugs. They don't do much damage, but certainly not a pretty site (except to an entomologist).

Either a fungus or a mold. Both very common in flowebeds.

These are likely the homes of "spittle bugs".

they are harmless to humans.

If you examine the interior of the clump, you'll likely find the bug.

sounds like a mold, miracle grow makes a spray to take care of that

Sounds like some kind of fungus or mold.

it must be some kind of poisonous or may be non poisonous fungus .if you want to have a natural garden , keep it or else remove it and wash your hands clean.

its most likely a fungus. Call a local nursury, they'll know.