Married......with Children. Why do the DVDs play the generic theme and not the Frank Sinatra original?

Favorite Answer

My guess, and it IS a guess, would be licencing - I'm betting they'd have to pay a share to reproduce the original on a new format/medium....

In many cases, the producers of television shows licensed the music only for the original broadcast of a program. So when they want to release something on DVD, the person or company that owns the rights to the music can either deny the use of a song or charge extremely high fees for its use. For a particularly bad example, go out and buy the WKRP In Cincinnatti DVD set. Most of the episodes have been hacked to bits to remove all of the songs that they weren't allowed to use anymore.

They probly don't want to pay royalties for every dvd sold.they're cheapos. I bought the bevery hillbillies dvds and they had some different song for the theme they're just cheap or poor.