Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 decade ago

American Express Gift Card HELLPPP PLZ?

Ok I want to buy something form online. I heard american express gift card is like a credit card? Or somehow i can transfer it to like paypal or something. IM not talking about the credit card amerixan express im talking about the gift cards they sell in the pharmacys and places. Please. Help!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • BobbyK
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Go to Americanexpress.com/gift or the address on the back of your card if it is different and login like you are checking your balance. It will give you an option to view your info. You can change this info to your name and address. Make sure all the info is correct, and wait about an hour (some are right away, some are up to an hour before changes will be recognized. After you do this, you can use it any where that amex is accepted.

Source(s): done it..........
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

he Bank of America Rewards� American Express� Card is ideal if you have average credit and would like the opportunity to earn a variety of rewards. Through the reward program, you'll earn one point for every dollar spent on the card, and you'll earn double points on dining and travel purchases through January 1, 2007. Points are redeemable for cash, brand-name merchandise, travel with no blackout dates, discounts at hotels, and gift certificates. You can earn an unlimited number of points, but points do expire in five years. The card has no annual fee, a 0% introductory rate for both balance transfers and cash advance checks for the first twelve billing cycles, and a very low fixed interest rate on purchases and balance transfers once the introductory rate expires. This card also provides various benefits and services including a personal concierge service and various discounts at participating merchants. Read more from: http://www.credit-card-forums.com/thread/1859

• 1 decade ago

Ive been given several amex gift cards and they can be used at retailers who accept amex, its not really like a credit card because you cant put gas with it like inserting it into the machine, you'll have to go inside and pay, also you cant use it with paypal (i tried), it'll just tell you to try another card. email me if you want anymore info

• 5 years ago

there is a pin number at the top right corner of your card

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.