I still don't know if I should drop Chris Carpenter...?

I have only on DL spot and I have Joe Mauer, Josh Beckett, and Chris Carpenter on the DL, So that means two of them will take up a bench spot. Also, I have Clemens, who will not be back for a week or 2, and I also have Chipper Jones who is showing signs of going on the DL...

Should I just drop Chris Carpenter....

I am worried about someone picking him up because he will provide wuality starts later in fantasy playoffs.

...yet I could add Pedro Martinez later if someone picks him up.

I want to add Sammy Sosa and bench Abreu until he gets hot....

MY TEAM:

C: A.J. Pierzynski

1B: Jason Giambi

2B: Ian Kinsler

3B: Chipper Jones

SS: Jhonny Peralta

OF:Adam Dunn

OF: Carl Crawford

OF: Alfonso Soriano

UTIL: Bobby Abreu

DL: Joe Mauer

------------------------------

Josh Beckett

Barry Zito

Francisco Rodríguez

Jason Isringhausen

Ryan Dempster

Tom Gorzelanny

Gil Meche

Chien-Ming Wang

Oliver Pérez

Scott Kazmir

Roger Clemens

Chris Carpenter

H2H League

Notable Free Agents:

Sammy Sosa

Ty Wigginton

Delmon Young

Casey Blake

Chris B. Young

Elijah Dukes

Geoff Jenkins

Carlos Peña

Chris Duncan

Horacio Ramírez

José Contreras

Liván Hernández

Jarrod Washburn

Jeff Francis

Ervin Santana

Daniel Cabrera.

Kip Wells

Wandy Rodríguez

Javier Vázquez

Doug Davis

Chone Figgins

Melvin Mora

Richie Sexson

Hideki Matsui

Adam LaRoche

Orlando Cabrera

Frank Thomas

Craig Biggio

Lyle Overbay

Cliff Floyd

Troy Tulowitzki

José López

Favorite Answer

I would drop carpenter. He wont pitch until August, and will be terrible coming off of surgery.

Believe it or not, I'd pick up Wigginton, he can play 1b, 2b, 3b, and OF. This makes him a great backup to have on the bench. If one of your guys is having an offday (aside from AJ and Peralta), you can just stick Ty in there. Granted, he isnt the best contact hitter, but he has alot of power and drives in runs.

If you arent a fan if wigginton, you should pick up chris duncan, he is a decent hitter (.296 if i can remember) and he hits for power as well. He can play 1B and OF so it makes him a good fit on the bench as well

Or maybe pick up Matsui just because it is terrible to see a player of his caliber in FA. He could back up your OF if needed. He could probably take over the UTIL spot for the struggling Abreu too.

A good idea: If you think Pedro will stay in FA for a while, wait for mauer to get off the DL, reactivate him and add pedro in the DL spot.

If you're sure you can make the playoffs without dropping him, why not keep him. I know we're only a 3rd the way into the season, but if you're dominating...

As for the free agent pool, there are alot of nice names out there (ten-team, if not eight-team league, looks like)...(I'm assuming Yahoo league eligiblities, btw)...

Chris Duncan jumps out at me. I Really like his productivity, steady productivity. He's 1st base and OF eligible. I'd have already replaced Giambi with him or possibly Adam LaRoche.

You said you're also concerned with 3rd base. Casey Blake is a 1st,3rd,OF eligible player who's been a solid and steady contributor. He'd be an ideal backup at 3rd.

You mentioned Sosa. He's been great and worth of being off the free agent list. But look at your outfield already. It's unbelievable. Due to your other team needs, I'd feel you'd have to drop Abreu to add Sosa. Are you really ready to replace Bobby Abreu with Sammy Sosa? (Honest question you must ask yourself... if you are indeed ready, just do it.)

Good luck.

This is a tough one. I'd say drop Carpenter. It will still be 2-3 months before he pitches again, and even then he'll probably be rusty. I'd just write Carpenter off for this season and try your luck elsewhere. There are always usable starting pitchers in the free agent pool.

• Xobai

In your case, I don't think I'd feel too bad about dropping Carpenter.

One heads-up: Ryan Dempster is looking at going back into Chicago's rotation. Try to trade him now, before the saves disappear. You should be able to get a serviceable 3B for him.

Definitely drop him. Beckett and Mauer are much more valuable at this point.

• Jeremy

hes useless now u should have dropped him a while ago.