How many total grams of fat should I have a day if I'm trying to lose alot of weight?

I'm 5-8 and about 160 lbs. and I'm trying to lose alot of weight So how many grams should I have?

thanks= )

Favorite Answer

Don't get it twisted. 160lbs. sounds right for 5'8".

Fat is not the problem...calories is the problem. When you look at the label, pay attention to "Calories from Fat." You want to keep that percentage low.

Your body needs fat, especially when you are dieting. Fat keeps you satisfied and controls cravings so that you are not hungry all the time.

Try reading "You: On A Diet" by Drs. Roisen and Oz. It's so clear and helpful!

I found the book to be very informative and easy to read. I've lost 17 pounds in 12 days, I'm just concerned that I'm losing too much weight, too quickly. I will admit I haven't followed the guide exactly. I'm not sticking perfectly to the listed foods and meal plans (but mostly) and doing very little exercise, but the weight keeps flying off. It clearly works and if I'd followed it exactly I think it would scare the living daylights out of me because of the amount that I'd lose. So thanks again for the information. I've never purchased anything like this before because they are usually full of trash, but 3WD has been a pleasant surprise. Get started today!

• ani

no more than 24

It DOES NOT matter how many grams of fat, calories, etc. that you take in! IT ALL DEPENDS ON HOW ACTIVE YOU ARE! If you are NOT that active than you do not need that many calories, grams of fat, etc. but IF YOU ARE active than you DO NEED calories, etc. so you have something to burn.