Ste444
Ste444 asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyTattoos · 1 decade ago

Want a tattoo on my foot/toe, how long will it take to heal?

Got one one my ankle and one on my upper arm and they healed in no time. Just wondering how long it would take the foot and toes to heal. Is it best to stay bare feet?

Favorite Answer

i have both of my feet tattooed and it took two full weeks. ignore the people that talk about keeping it bandaged and wearing shoes because they are wrong.

you can not wear shoes for the full two weeks during healing. for the first couple of days you should keep your foot elevated which will help keep the swelling down and aid it in healing. also you'll want to wash it often (about four or five times a day) and just treat it like a regular tattoo. NO SHOES OR SOCKS FOR TWO WEEKS!!

good luck!

I have actually heard that you do not use neosporin on fresh tattoos because it causes the skin to heal faster than it should, or something to that effect. I've found that if you keep it moisturized for the first couple days, but not covered, it seems to heal a little more quickly. But generally a week or two. And it's generally pretty sore immediately afterwards. But if you're getting a large tattoo, nothing beats the post-tattoo nap.

I have a tatoo around my ankle across the top of my foot on down to my big toe. The tat wraps around to the bottom of my foot. The healing time was the same as my other tats. The pain was astronomical. The top of the foot was rough enough, but the toe was burning and highly unholy feeling. Good luck I get tons of compliments.

I have large tattoos on both feet, and they were by far the most painful of all my tattoos, but also the ones i love the most!! both my feet swelled up badly after being tattooed, and I had to stay off my feet (or hobble around) for about 3-4 days each time. Avoid wearing socks and shoes for a few days, however if you need to put on shoes, invest in a pair of ballet pumps which are at least 1 size too big to allow for the swelling. Also keep your foot raised whenever you can and put some ice in a plastic bag wrapped in a tea towel on it to try to keep the swelling down.

good luck, go for it. ignore all the a*ses on here who tell you that you will scar yourself for life and regret it. i'm 33, have a highly professional job, and love every one of my tattoos!

My very first tattoo was on my foot, of a BME logo. My best suggestion to you is to get it done when you've seen the weather forcasts and you know we're in for a spell of dry weather.

I walked around barefoot everywhere for about 2 weeks after it was done, and it's healed absolutly perfectly. If you can keep it uncovered, and not irritated by shoes and socks, it'll heal a damn sight quicker and healthier. Having shoes and socks on will rub the scabs which will lift the ink and will cause your wonderful new tattoo to be patchy and probably need touching up. not worth it if you can avoid it first time around :)

I wish you the very best of luck. :) x x

I got a tattoo on my foot a few years ago. it healed in about a week. you have to keep a bandage on it, so it was actually easier for me to wear tennis shoes so the bandage would stay in place.

It will take the same amount of time as your other tattoos but the foot is the most painfull place to get one done.Good luck.

Will heal quickly if not covered in socks and shoes regularly (depending on what you have to wear to work or school etc.) wear flip flap and should be just fine

• autumn

the one on my foot took as long to heal as all my others....but it was the most painful!

About a week to heal. Then you'll have a lifetime to regret having it done. The cost of having it removed might be as much as 6 or 7 hundred pounds.