Don't want to annoy neighbours but like being friends with their daughter?

My wife and I recently moved into a home close to the area i grew up, as it turned out one of our new neighbours is a family I used to know as a child. I used to hang out with there son, and now have been spending time with the parents on the weekends. I have now met there daughter and have been spending a fair bit of time with her, both with and without my wife. I really enjoy her company, and my wife is ok with the friendship, she likes her company too, but I get the feeling her parents are uncomfortable with the friendship. Any suggestions?

She is 18 I'm 25. I get the feeling it is the fear that there is something inappropriate going on that is bothering them, but I don't see why. I'm married, I'm not sneaking around to see their daughter, they know and my wife knows, and there has always been other people around either her friends, my friends, her parents or my wife.

Favorite Answer

i think they may be little annoyed or something because of the age difference..... maby you can talk with her parents or invite them all over for dinner and things like that (including parents)

well how old is the girl? if shes under 18 they may have concerns, that maybe there's something between you two thats innapropriate.