kath asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 1 decade ago

I need an affordable Malpractice Insurance?

I am a Kinesiotherapist; similarly trained to a Physical Therapist and I need to get insured to work in private practice. I will most likely see patients in their homes.

Thanks in advance!

Favorite Answer

HPSO is one of the most common providers of malpractice insurance for allied health professionals. PTs and kinesiotherapists are generally "low risk" practicioners and policies should be relatively inexpensive...I pay $157 a year.

contact www.hpso.com

Source(s): PT

You're going to need to go to a local, independent agent. If you already have a couple quotes, it's likely not going to vary much - malpractice isn't cheap. It's not the type of policy you can pick up for a couple hundred bucks a year. I'm guessing yours is going to START at $2500, if you don't need a retroactive date. Then it goes up every year, as you get retroactive coverage.

Not all companies write in all states. Heck, not many companies write this at all. So your local, independent agent is the best guy to start with. You could also check with a professional association, and ask a supervising physician who you might work with, for a referral, as well.

Source(s): agent, 21+ years
  • Rouvin

I suggest one to try this site where you can compare quotes from the best companies: http://quotesdeal.net/index.html?src=5YAxnu68umH27...

RE :I need an affordable Malpractice Insurance?

Thanks in advance!

Follow 5 answers

Source(s): I suggest one to try this site where you can compare quotes from the best companies: http://quotesdeal.net/index.html?src=5YAxnu68umH27...

Check with your local medical society. If you become an associate member, there may be a benefit that provides reduced costs for members. if yours is considered alternative medicine, there may be a problem in obtaining coverage, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Check with your local medical society