What state taxes does Illinois require? Employment tax? Sales Tax? etc...?

1 Answer

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    If you are operating a business in Illinois and are selling a taxable product, then you will have to collect and remit Illinois state sales tax. There may also be county/city tax - you will need to check with the Illinois Department of Revenue. If you are going to have an employee reside in the state, then you will need to register as an employer with the state and remit unemployment tax on either a monthly or quarterly basis (the state will give you a schedule). And finally you will owe state income tax as both an individual and an employer.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.