New York Style Pizza Dough
* 1 1/2 cups warm water (105F)
* 4 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
* 1 tablespoons of olive oil
* 2 1/2 teaspoon of granulated sugar
* 2 1/2 teaspoon of salt
* 1/2 teaspoon of yeast
* 1/2 cup cornmeal
Step by Step Procedure
1. In a large bowl, dissolve sugar and salt in water.
2. Add oil and flour and stir with heavy spoon for 1 minute.
3. Turn out to a lightly floured surface and press into a circle.
4. Sprinkle yeast evenly over dough and knead for 12 minutes.
5. Divide dough into portions: 6 oz. for Calzones, 18 oz. for 12 inch, 25 oz. for 15 inch
6. Roll each portion into a ball. You want a dough ball without visible seams except the bottom.
7. Place dough balls in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and allow to proof for 1−2 hours at room temperature to use the same day, or store in refrigerator to use the next day.
8. Place dough ball on lightly floured surface, and lightly flour the top. Use fingertips to evenly flatten out the dough ball. Work from the edges to the center press dough into a 12" circle. Place both hands within the shell edge and stretch with fingertips and palms maintaining an even pressure. Or, use a lightly floured rolling pin to stretch to desired shape.
9. Sprinkle cornmeal or semolina on pizza peel (a wooden paddle with a handle to slide the pizza in the oven) or a cutting board. The cornmeal allows the pizza to slide onto the stone easily.
10. After topping the pizza, when you are ready to cook it. Shake the peel or cutting board to make sure none of the dough is sticking.
11. Carefully slide the pizza into the oven.
12. Bake in a 500 degree oven for 20-25 minutes, until crust is golden.
* Cooking pizzas with this dough should be done on a baking stone. Using a pan will produce a very soft "doughy" crust. The stone in the oven should be preheated to 500F for an hour prior to baking, and should be placed in the middle of the oven.
* (This recipe makes about 34 oz. Adjust ingredient amounts for your purposes)
Easy Pizza Dough Recipe
* 1 cup of warm water (105F)
* 3 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
* 2 tablespoons of olive oil
* 2 teaspoons of honey
* 1 teaspoon of salt
* 1 teaspoon of yeast
Step by Step Procedure
1. easy pizza dough Put warm water (80 to 110�F) into a bowl. Add salt and honey and mix with a spoon. Add yeast, mix and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
2. pizza dough recipes Gradually add flour and olive oil and start mixing.
3. pizza dough recipe When the mixture gets too heavy to mix, start kneading the dough with your hands.
4. quick pizza dough recipe Knead the dough until you have a smooth ball. If the dough cracks it is too dry. Add water bit by bit until if forms a nice coherent ball. If your doug feels more like batter, it is too wet and you need to add flour bit by bit. If you need to add water or flour, do it by small amounts.
5. best pizza dough recipe Coat the dough with olive oil, place it in a large bowl and cover it with kitchen wrap or a grocery bag. Let the doug rise for about an hour at room temperature, then push it down again so it deflates. Let it sit for about another hour. If you want to use it the next day, put it in a refrigerator.
6. make pizza dough Put the dough on a lightly floured surface, put a bit of flour on top and make it into the shape of a pie by stretching it out from the center outwards. Use a rolling pin until the dough is about 1/4" thick. Punch some holes in the dough with a fork to let the air escape while the pizza is in the oven
7. pizza base dough recipe Put on your pizza sauce of choice.
Put on your favorite pizza toppings.
8. recipe for pizza dough Bake the pizza in you oven at 400 - 450° F for about 20 to 25 minutes until the crust is light brown.
* You get better results when you use a pizza baking stone. The pizza stone should be preheated to 450F for an hour prior to baking, and should be placed in the middle of the oven.