Better American Idol - Kelly Clarkson or Carrie Underwood?

We're having a little argument here at home...I'm not much of an American Idol fan, but I've heard all of the winners sing... but that's not the point...We narrowed it down to two, which of these two (Kelly and Carrie) were the better American Idol?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Carrie Underwood

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

definetely kelly clarkon over carrie underwood. I know both of them make pretty boring music but atleast there is a little originality to Kelly Clarkson. Carrie Underwood just makes that music you think you've heard before but can't really pinpoint who it is. That's because you have heard it before, she makes the same country music we've heard for the past 10 years, dull and boring music praising "The Lord Jesus Christ". She also has zero personality. I actually think Carry Underwood is probably the worst contestant to win so far. My favorite was Fantasia

Source(s): A very smart man with great taste
  • 1 decade ago

Kelly. Her genre is what i like, even though carrie's before he cheats is good, kelly is so much more succesful, and i think that american idol did her well.

Source(s): My personal opinion
  • 1 decade ago

kelly clarkson...shes a bigger name and a better artist/songwriter/singer/person. and plus, kelly clarkson is such a big name, when you think of it, you wouldnt normally think of american idol...but carries also a good singer...#2 idol alumni! go kelly & carrie!

but i really like Corrado Soprano's answer for this question

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Kelly Clarkson no doubt

• 1 decade ago

To me i think there both the best but i say kelly because she from texas lol

• 1 decade ago

They're both really good, and I love both of their styles, but i'm gonna go with Carrie. I love her voice, and she's don some amazing songs.

• 1 decade ago

kellie

• sanjaya

• 1 decade ago

Wow thats REALLY hard cuz i like them both so idk lol

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.