Problem with heat/air in Chrysler LHS?

The heat turns itself on and flows hot air through the windshield vents. It doesn't matter if I have the system on or not. After a while it will start blowing hot air. Sometimes it quits and then comes back on. I was thinking it may be the Blower Motor Module or the Resistor. What the resistor does I don't know.

I thought that the climate control panel was the problem and I took it out because I would go to press a button to turn it off and it wouldn't. Sometimes I would flick it and it would stop blowing for a while. But like I said, I took it out but it still blows hot air. The AC does work when it is functioning fine.

Any ideas? This time of the year...........I don't need heat...lol.

Favorite Answer

The resistor is the blower motor resistor and adjusts the fan speed. Depending on the year of your LHS, you could have either an electrical problem or a simple water valve control problem. Newer LHS as I remember have an electronic control for the heating/cooling section of your HVAC... a loose wire here could cause a problem like you describe. Older LHS use a cable assembly to control the heater control valve (sometimes called a water control valve) In the event that this valve is loose, the cable has come off, or a couple of other possibilities. LHS/Concorde/Intrepid all had AC condensor and line troubles, so make sure your vehicle is up to date on any TSBs or recalls. Good luck.

I have a similar situation. The heater control goes dead and the defrosters take over. I think it may have something to do with a digital circut. Does anyone know where the twisted wires going from the heater control go?