can bugs lay eggs in grapefruits?

I have been trying to grow a grapefruit seed and it had sprouted. This morning i found a large red beetle type of bug sitting on my little sprout. There were little pellets all over the cloth the sprout was in. i have no other plants and i live in Canada where I’ve never seen this type of bug before. could this bug have come from the grapefruit seed?

Best Answer

There are things called potatoe bugs, that when you grow potatoes they are ussually around.

Bananas after they have gotten ripe and are sitting on your counter, have a fruit fly.

All food that is grown outside has animals that eat it wither big or small. along with animals that eat those animals, when in nature.

If you wanted to find out what kind of bug it was Then you should look online for types of bugs. and see if you find a picture that matches the bug you found.

The little pellets could very well be the poop from the beetle, kind of like if you hold a worm in your hand you get little black stuff from the worm, well if it doesn't come from its mouth then it comes from it butt. Just like when we eat, in the mouth, out the other end.

Not possible!

probably it would not surprise me