Your favorite quote(s) of all time.?

"The biggest risk in life is not taking one."

"Control your thoughts and you control circumstance."

"There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when circumstances permit. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses, just results."

"It's amazing the clarity that comes with psychotic jealousy."

• Best Answer

"Idols are not meant to be touched. Their gilt comes off on our hands." - Gustave Flaubert

"Stop going around saying the world owes you a living; the world owes you nothing. It was here first." - Mark Twain

"I like your Christ, but not your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." - Mhatama Ghandi

"Seek knowledge from the cradle to the grave." - Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)

"Take care when battling with monsters, lest ye become a monster; and when ye gaze for too long into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzche

"'I have done that.' says my memory. 'I cannot have done that.' says my pride, and remains adamant. At last, memory yields." - Friedrich Nietzche

"If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus one day, so I never have to live a day without you." - A.A Milne (Winnie the Pooh)

"If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together, there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart, I'll always be with you.” - A.A. Milne (Winnie the Pooh)

"I am an idiot walking a tightrope of fortune and fame

And although I'll never forget your face

Some days I can't remember my name" - Counting Crows, Mrs. Potter

"Truth, justice, honor . . .none of that's worth sh!t. What matters is people and people aren't honest or just or truthful. They're petty and they're angry and they're afraid, and all anyone wants, deep down, is to be wanted. And what's truth to that?" - M. Clark

"Did I do anything wrong today, or has the world always been like this and I've been too wrapped up in myself to notice?" - Douglas Adams

"Thou call'dst me a dog before thou hadst a cause, but, since I am a dog, beware my fangs." - William Shakespeare

"To paraphrase Oedipus, Hamlet, Lear, and all those guys, 'I wish I had known this some time ago.'" - Roger Zelazny

There are many more, but I think I should stop before I get carried away. *looks up* Oh, well, any more carried away.

There is truth in all things - Socrates

"They say God never gives you more than you can handle...I just wish He didn't trust me so much"...Mother Theresa

Your imperfections are what make you beautiful

"Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes".

-Oscar Wilde

Pain is a beautiful thing. When you feel pain, you know you're alive."

"Work like you don't need the money,

dance like no one is watching,

sing like no one is listening,

love like you've never been hurt,

and live life every day as if it were your last."

That which is imagined need never be lost" - Courtney Love

The space between a blink and a tear; death blooms.

Friends are one soul in two bodies.

"I will drink life to the lees" -- Alfred Tennyson "Ulysses"

"There are doors I haven't opened...And windows I have yet to look through...Going forward may not be the answer... Maybe I should go back" -- Hive "Ultrasonic Sound"

"Past midnight. Never knew such silence. The earth might be uninhabited" -- Samuel Beckett "Krapp's Last Tape"

"If it be now, ’t is not to come; if it be not to come, it will be now; if it be not now, yet it will come: the readiness is all" -- William Shakespeare "Hamlet"

"And down his mouth comes to my mouth! and down

His bright dark eyes come over me, like a hood

Upon my mind! his lips meet mine, and a flood

Of sweet fire sweeps across me, so I drown

Against him, die, and find death good"

D.H. Lawrence "Love on the Farm"

"I will show you fear in a handful of dust" -- T.S. Eliot "The WasteLand"

Always be yourself, the people who matter dont mind, and the people who mind dont matter!

Don't call me Shirley -Leslie Nielson Airplane (1980) Tell him about the twinkie-Winston Zeddemore Ghostbusters (1984)

Against him, die, and find death good"

D.H. Lawrence "Love on the Farm"

maybe we're not supposed to be happy

maybe gratitude has nothing to do with joy

maybe being grateful means recogniing what you have for what it is

appreciating small victories

admiring the struggle it takes simply to be human

maybe we're thankful for the familar things we know and maybe we're thankful for the things we'll never know

at the end of the day the fact that we have the courage to still be standing is reason enough to celebrate

If you lie down with dogs, you'll get up with fleas.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk, for that'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.

One day you'll come to me & ask which is more important, you or my life. I'll say "my life" & you'll walk away never knowing that YOU are my life.

Friends are one soul in two bodies.

What goes around, comes around. (haha gotta love karma!)

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent (not sure if I have it worded correctly, it's by Eleanor Roosevelt though)

Love your neighbour as yourself as this world you go travelling through and never sit down with a tear or a frown but paddle your own canoe.

• LXC

"Pain is a beautiful thing. When you feel pain, you know you're alive."

"Work like you don't need the money,

dance like no one is watching,

sing like no one is listening,

love like you've never been hurt,

Source(s): Mudvayne/Chad
  • Toots

"Right has the Might"..Me

"Men always want what they think they cannot have"...Me

"I'm not always right, but I'm NEVER wrong"..My Grandmother

"Suck it up and go on..."...My Dad

"You can eat every part of a pig, 'cept the oink"..My Brother