Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Panda
Lv 7
Panda asked in TravelAir Travel · 1 decade ago

southwest airlines and children?

can anyone tell me what kind of discount rate southwest airlines offers for children if any at all? Also I know how their boarding system works, cattle call free for all. Do they at least let families with small children board first like other airlines before the shoving match begins? its been a long time since I flew SW and I wasn't a parent back then

are they kid friendly?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Infant, Child, and Youth Fares are not available on southwest.com. Call Southwest Airlines Reservations for details. One child over 14 days and under two (2) years of age, not occupying a seat, may be carried free with a Customer paying the applicable adult fare. Online checkin is not available if the infant is not occupying a seat.

Affordable Infant Fares are also available that enable a Customer to reserve a seat for an infant and use his/her FAA approved car seat. Online checkin is available if the infant is traveling on an Infant Fare and is age verified.

A birth certificate is required to validate the age of all infants under age two.

A medical release for travel is required for any infant under 14 days old.

• 1 decade ago

SW does allow families traveling with children to load priority/first. Also if traveling with an infant under the age of 12 months you have the option of paying 1/2 ticket cost for a seat or doing the lap baby. I always try to fly their less popular flights (plenty of open seats), go as a lap baby and carry the carseat to the gate. If they have an open seat they will move you to it so that the baby can be carseated; if not, then they store the carseat under the plane.

• Chloe
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Kids do get to board first. We had no problem with them. At least the planes we were on had a 5 seater in the front area.

2 seats backward and 3 forward so we were all together and could keep an eye on everyone. It may even have been a 6 seater.

• 4 years ago

I artwork as a flight attendant for Southwest and that i'm staggering to genuinely everyone. properly a minimum of while i'm at artwork i'm, Get to the gate early and we can "pre-board" you. meaning you may flow on in the 1st team so which you've got 3 seats jointly. And definite we can continually help, while you're changing planes, once you get to the hot airport, ask absolutely everyone and we can assist you to locate the hot gate Whoever drops you off could have a bypass to flow via protection to the gate with you and whoever is picking you up can get a bypass there too so as that they could meet you once you get off the airplane

• 1 decade ago

yes families do get to board first, and if you're kid is going to sit on your lap they pay 10% of the fare, i don't know what it is if they have their own seat.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.