the holocaust?

I'm doing a project on the holocaust and I'm trying to figure out what the mind of the perpetrator is...why did he do that? who helped him? what are his beliefs that led him to do that? you know...all that. can you help?

Best Answer

The holocaust was a tragedy in jewish history. Millions of jews died at the inhumane and evil treatment of germans led by a movement called nazism: the belief that the Aryan/ white race was superior to any other race, and to promote this belief by literally extinguishing Jewish people, and other non-aryan races. Hitler used a deceptive and manipulative tool called "propaganda" to gain support for his cause. The irony is Hitler was of German and Jewish blood. This man loathed himself, and had a lot of self-hatred towards himself, first and foremeost.

Adolf Hitler was the perpetrator of the Holocaust in Germany from 1937-1945 he believed that the Jewish people were responsible for Germany's economical problems and he has the idea of making a master race of Germans. In short terms. Look under the Internet on a biography on Adolf Hitler you should be able to research further.

Wow. What a question. The holocaust occurred because people just like you and me allowed bullies to run rampant. They blamed the jews for the economic hardships they were going through at the time.A leader stepped in and made things better or so it seemed. Unfortunately that leader was mentally deranged and it was easier to just shut eyes and allopw hin to destroy people he did not like.Our job is to make sure that this never, never happens again. Go to the Holocaust museum and see the horrors for yourself, or speak to an old Jewish person who lived through this horrible time

Source(s): Any Library

Most of the perpetrators were ordinary men driven by a sense of responsibility to their country and their fellow soldiers. In order to get them to commit the atrocities they did, these men were subjected to increasing levels of violence. No normal person could murder others and remain indifferent! The ones who had to do the worst deeds were given massive quantities of alcohol before and after. Others were given one little task to do, so they could imagine they were just an insignificant cog in the machinery--like just loading people in the train car or just shaving hair. But all those little cogs worked together to make a holocaust.

Source(s): the book "Ordinary Men"

I would suggest you read a book entitled, Night. It is a true story written by a Jew. Short reading of about 107 pages or so....should take about an hour or so.

After reading that, I think you would have a greater insight of the concentration camps and how Jews were treated.

In addition to this, the Nation Geographic Channel is airing two specials on Hitler....check your TV guild and tune in. I hope this helps, but read that book!

Take care,

Shun

The best way to find out why anyone does what they do is to look at their past. Look into how Hitler was raised and what formed his views. Read over his early works and you can even do some looking into criminal profiles. That might help as well.

i really cant answer that he was a very sick man but if you live near houston texas go to the Holocaust museum. I went with my sociology class in highschool. it is very informative. and very sad. good luck

well I know some things about the guy

my cousin told me he never drank , smoked or cheated on his wife

thats all I know