Johnny Y asked in SportsFantasy Sports · 1 decade ago

AJ Burnett for AJ Pierzynski?

I need a cathcer and I have AJ Burnett in my repertoire.

Should I trade Burnett for AJ Pierzynski, who is a good starting catcher?

Best Answer

I would definitely not do this trade. A.J. Burnett is worth a lot more than A.J. Pierzynski. Burnett has 4 wins already and gets a lot of strikeouts. He is a good starter which is harder to find than a decent catcher. I think you could get more for him, but if this is the only catcher you can get I guess you have no choice. You could also try offering a different starting pitcher for him. Pierzynski has 8 home runs but hits for a low average. He can definitely be a good catcher though.

If you are loaded with starting pitching then I guess I see no reason why you shouldn't do the trade. If you are limited on starting pitching, try to get more in return for him.

You would be a complete idiot to accept that trade. You are a complete idiot for even contemplating this. AJ Burnett is a strong option as a starter and Pierzynski is absolutely piss poor. He might have hit a few homers so far but it wont last your a complete douche for thinking about this.

• Xobai

Pierzynski is NOT a good starting catcher. He is an average starting catcher. Burnett is far more valuable.

do the trade. u just cant trust Burnett, but u can pierzynski.

• Thomas

no... u can get a better catcher for AJ Burnett

PIERZINSKI is by far the one u want on ur team!

if you have enough pitching to stay strong definitely