Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

Why is Israel bombing Lebanon?

I'm so sick of war...why can't people just leave each other alone.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Israel is bombing, but not Lebanon. They are attacking Hezbollah, a terrorist organization that is based in South Lebanon. Hezbollah has continued to launch rocket attacks against Israeli civilian targets, and Israel has tghe right to defend itself.

Hezbollah is a group of outlaws, funded and backed by Syria and Iran, and to a lesser extent al-Queda. The Lebanese gov't doesn't even want them there, cause they do nothing but cause problems, and their own military and police is too weak and underfunded to actually root them out themselves. In August when Israel invaded they were actually welcomed by the Lebanese gov't b/c Israel had the potential to root out Hezbollah.

This is Israel's war on terrorism. Hezbollah started in the 80's to oppose Israel's occupation of Southern Lebanon, and they pulled out about 5 years ago, however Hezbollah continues to attack the sovereign nation of Israel within Israeli borders.

Imagine terrorists in Canada launching missiles into the U.S, and the Canadian government couldn't stop it. That is what is happening in Lebanon and Israel right now.

• 4 years ago

I doubt that Israel might nuke'em, yet i think of that the Jewish state might pummel Lebanon into the dark a protracted time applying usual weapons. bear in mind, Lebanon is so close to to Israel, a nuclear bomb dropped there might probable have damaging effects for the Jews. Plus, Lebanon has no longer the reducing-component conflict device made ordinarily by way of Uncle Sam, like the Jews do.

• 1 decade ago

It's not Israel that is bombing.

Lebanon forces battle militants

Smoke billowed Monday over a Palestinian refugee camp as Lebanese forces battled Islamic militants for a second day near the northern city of Tripoli. The clashes have left dozens dead and wounded.

• xyz
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Lebanon is fighting the terrorist let them have at it

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

well adolph...israel as usual answers when attacked!!! israel isn't bombing lebanon...it's muslims against muslims...23 major conflicts on the planet..all of which involve muslims against christians, budhists, hindus, jews and other muslims...check reality nazi.

• 1 decade ago

Simple. They are a haven for terrorists. These clowns need to be destroyed-period! Good enough reason for me!!!

• 1 decade ago

Syria and Al Qaeda backed? possibly

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

coz israel is so evil,although there r people who belive in peace in israel but they r a minority,i hope all things come to a good end for all.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

that's were the terrorist are.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.