What's the Difference?: Race Vs. Ethnicity?

When you think of the word "race," what is the first thing you think about? Do you think along the "color line"? Or, do you think along the "cultural line"? I asked Webster and he said a race was a "1: a breeding stock of animals 2 a: a family, tribe, people, or nation... show more When you think of the word "race," what is the first thing you think about? Do you think along the "color line"? Or, do you think along the "cultural line"?

I asked Webster and he said a race was a
"1: a breeding stock of animals
2 a: a family, tribe, people, or nation belonging to the same stock b : a class or kind of people unified by shared interests, habits, or characteristics <the English race>
3 a: an actually or potentially interbreeding group within a species; also : a taxonomic category (as a subspecies) representing such a group b : BREED c : a category of humankind that shares certain distinctive physical traits
4 obsolete: inherited temperament or disposition
5: distinctive flavor, taste, or strength"

Know isn’t that strange? The first and third definitions are some what contradicting the second one.

So does this mean that we are all part of one race with many different ethnic groups and ethnicities?

I would love to hear you all's answer