Should Gonzales be impeached?

"First, Alberto Gonzales and Karl Rove worked together to fire at least seven U.S. Attorneys because they weren't "loyal Bushies" and pushed several others to resign in an unethical crusade to make the U.S. Justice Department a partisan arm of the Bush administration.

"Then they worked together to cover it up.

"Gonzales went so far as to testify to Congress that he "was not involved in seeing any memos, was not involved in any discussions going on." When White House e-mails exposed his involvement, Gonzales changed his tune in an interview with 60 Minutes then changed his tune again by hiding behind, "I don't recall" more then 60 times in his second Congressional testimony.

"Impeachment"...of Gonzales..."puts everything back on the table. Illegal domestic eavesdropping, illegally deleted government e-mails, voter suppression, signing statements, torture recommendations, you name it -- if Gonzales had his finger prints on it Congress will shine the spotlight at it."

Quotes:http://www.impeachgonzales.org/

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

What should happen is that Alberto Gonzales should tender his resignation. If we have to go to the trouble of removing him from office, he should face far worse than the embarrassment of the process.

Seeing him serve some prison time for his sloppy work at the DoJ would be nice.

• ustoev
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

You can't impeach a member of the cabinet. He serves at the pleasure of the President. Since he is playing the fall guy, he is serving the pleasure of the President. He will resign if congress gets too close to the President and the firing of Gonzales is the only way for a smoke screen to work.

Otherwise, we will wait until the truth comes out and impeach the proper person. VP Cheney.

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Don't display your abysmal ignorance. He did not do anything to even be criticized. He could fire for no reason if he wished, Read and try to learn instead of making silly statements. You sound like a liberal, God help ypu.

• 1 decade ago

why should they fire him for "not recalling" when clinton did not get impeached for directly lying to congress. this is miniscule at best and i would like to see my tax dollars spent on something important not a political witch hunt because some don't like bush. all it has gotten them so far is an approval rating less than 30%. will they never learn?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

who cares, really, i hate him, I think he's scum but what's the best case scenario, Bush appoints another American hater(like most people that get appointed, these people hate all average Americans and are only in it to gain power and help a few select people).

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes

• 1 decade ago

Na, he is one of the beloved ones that will take over america....

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

keep drinking the kool aid leftwing nut jobs give you

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.