How does HIV get transmitted through male to female sex?

If the virus needs to get into your blood stream, how does normal male to female sex transmit it? I can understand through drug use where the blood is injected into your body, or through an*l sex where the tissues could tear and bleed, but how do you catch it from normal sex? Sounds like a stupid question I know,... show more If the virus needs to get into your blood stream, how does normal male to female sex transmit it? I can understand through drug use where the blood is injected into your body, or through an*l sex where the tissues could tear and bleed, but how do you catch it from normal sex? Sounds like a stupid question I know, but I've never understood it.
Update: Yes I understand that you get it through sex but I want to know how? Where does the semen go to infect you? Does it go through the wall of your vagina, the uteris, or does the semen go into direct contact with your blood somehow - like the blood that comes out in a period. I know the basic transmission routes but... show more Yes I understand that you get it through sex but I want to know how? Where does the semen go to infect you? Does it go through the wall of your vagina, the uteris, or does the semen go into direct contact with your blood somehow - like the blood that comes out in a period. I know the basic transmission routes but want to know in what way normal sex transmits HIV.