World wars VS regional conflicts, how and why?

It is very easy to see the need to stop an army that wants to take over the world, or even invade another country, but where do we draw the line when it comes to (from our view) abuses committed inside a politically recognized country by a legally (according to the UN) established government (be it a dictator, communist gov't, facist, socialist, democracy or republic).

I have lived next to neighbors that seem to fulfill, in microcosm, each of these types, and any decision that goes on or even punishment that is applied woul not be my business unless it is criminal. At that point, that would be where I would consider it to be appropriate to interpose my will upon the situation.

It sems to me that the USA, along with MANY other countries, decides to get involved when its own economy is affected rather when there is a geniune human need (OH, stoppong genocide, for example)

What do you think about this?

Best Answer

More kids are dieing in the streets of LA than iraq, let the liberal press tell that then we can be free. WW11 was about freedom and so is this. W111 scotybe@yahoo.com