Can you take a song from your IPod that you downloaded from one computer and put it on another?

I have a 2 computers- one I generally use to download music and search the internet . The other I generally use for work. I have the 30g newest generation Ipod and I remember a while back on the other ipod's you could share music from one computer to another by using your ipod. Does the newer Ipod have same capabilities or is this a lost cause?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

This link to the apple / itunes website explains how to copy your music from your ipod to another computer.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300...

Good luck!

Source(s): apple.com
  • 1 decade ago

Sometimes this shareware capability won't come up immediately when your IPod is plugged in. There are literally hundreds of free programs that rip files off the IPod to your computer, so just Google: free+IPod+program+song ripper

• 1 decade ago

ofcourse we can download r transfer from one comp to another with safe and secure...to transfer a mp3 to ipod v just need a data transfer cable and those newest generation ipods also have according to this gen's comps , so according to that gens we can transfer can u just say wht type of ipod u have......and some time due to problems in the plugger it me fails....so the best is just rip those files to it...okva

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Just plug your ipod in via the usb on the computer you want the songs. They'll come up on iTunes or look about on my computer they song files might be in there.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

i think you can take a song from your ipod then send it ti yourself. then on the other computer u save it then you have there....... or you can just burn it from a cd then download it to your other comp.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.